X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

headphones and 1075

can someone tell me what i need to do/buy to use me senny headphones on the 1068/1075 combo?
  • Taito
    • Sep 2004

Hi again tomm, it looks like the 1068 doesn't have a headphone jack. Normally with the RC-1070, I use the headphone jack and mute the preamp so that no signal is sent to the RB-1080. In the case of the 1068, my guess is that the best thing to do (on the assumption that there is no headphone jack) would be to plug a dedicated headphone amp into the tape out of the 1068 and to mute the 1068 when you want to use the headphones. A dedicated headphone amp will have a volume control.

Hope this is helpful, Ben

Comment

• Bostonears
      • Mar 2004

You could get this headphone converter device from Antique Sound Labs that converts speaker level outputs to headphone level. It has a built-in switch that lets you select output to the speakers or just the headphone jack.

Comment

• tomm
        • Oct 2005

thanks for the help guys. i guess it's not going to be cheap wichever way i go.

Comment

• Slice
          • Jan 2005

tomm -

I have no phone amp, just my AKG's. I asked my dealer about this (1068/1075 here too). They suggested buying a "Y" cable and connect to ZONE 2. < $5 @ Radio Shack, and it seems to work fine by me. I set the ZONE VOLUME to VARIABLE, and can adjust on the fly using the 1050 remote.

Sure would be nice to have a DOLBY phone jack for midnight movies though.
          - Slice

Comment

• aphexist
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Slice
            tomm -

I have no phone amp, just my AKG's. I asked my dealer about this (1068/1075 here too). They suggested buying a "Y" cable and connect to ZONE 2. < $5 @ Radio Shack, and it seems to work fine by me. I set the ZONE VOLUME to VARIABLE, and can adjust on the fly using the 1050 remote.

Sure would be nice to have a DOLBY phone jack for midnight movies though.
            You will definitely get sound that way, but your headphones are not designed to accept a line level signal. You will probably notice that you have to crank up the volume and it sounds a bit attenuated and thin. I would suggest trying a cheap headphone amp if you are serious about listening.

Comment

• tomm
              • Oct 2005

ok my dealer told about the y today too. i may look into an amp though. thanks for the help.

Comment

• JDH
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by tomm
                ok my dealer told about the y today too. i may look into an amp though. thanks for the help.
                If you want a reasonable Headphone jack without spending a fortune, I would suggest picking one up secondhand on Ebay. Musical Fidelity ones come up on a fairly regular basis. NAD might be another option too. I have a similar problem, however I just use the inbuilt headphone jack on my CD player and turn off the amp. It's not as good as a dedicated headphone amp, however considering the quality of my headphones and the amount of time I use them the CD headphone jack is good enough for me.

When I say CD I actually mean a CD recorder ie. Yamaha HD1300 which has a tape loop so can hear any source through the CD headphone jack.
                Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Slice
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by aphexist
                  You will definitely get sound that way, but your headphones are not designed to accept a line level signal. You will probably notice that you have to crank up the volume and it sounds a bit attenuated and thin. I would suggest trying a cheap headphone amp if you are serious about listening.
                  I guess that puts my dealer's knowledge in perspective. Rotel's their entry component line; also carry Meridian and Classe' - you'd think they'd know better!
                  - Slice

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"