X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Centre CH problems

Recently I have noticed small distortions coming from my centre CH but during a movie it was SO bad I had to turn it off. I ran through some tests to narrow it down and found that it isnt my speakers or the brystons running them but a problem with either my 1056 or my 1060. Has anybody ever had this problem. Seems to be only the Centre input
    I'm taking another 1056 home tonight to try that. Ill post my results
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Just finished with a new 1056. Still have distortion in certain tones. Could the 1060 be causing this problem?
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Could be, but if you are using the digital output I doubt it. What steps did you go through to rule out the amp and speaker?

Kevin D.

Comment

• Armbender
        • Jul 2005

I switched the cable on my 1056 so the centre RCA went to the Main left CH and got distortion in my left Main speaker....so its not the centre speaker
        I then ran the RCA from my Bryston PowerPac to the Left CH on my 4B and got distortion on my left main...so its not the PowerPac.
        Then tried the new 1056 in the proper set-up ..centre output to centre ch. and still got distortion.... so its not the 1056..
        Then remembered I just upgraded my cables to SilverCats which arent sheilded so I tried switching cables and still got distortion....so not cables
        So the only thing that remains to be unchecked are the 1060 and the CatCables Silver Digital which I just upgraded to.

I guess this means I have to upgrade everything..

DARN.....LOL
        Last edited by Armbender; 29 October 2005, 14:51 Saturday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"