X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Rotel DVD 1060 problem??

Hi everyone,
    A friend of mine and I have the Rotel DVD 1060 for a several months now, as we bought them together. All of a sudden the DVD player's picture would get distorted and flicker and lose the picture completely ,but not the sound. Strange, as it happened twice to my friend and now it was my turn to suffer this problem.
    Our dealer says it is a soft problem and needs new soft ware.?? Why did he or Rotel sell us these new DVD 1060 when they know they have a soft ware problem in the first place. The dealer had no clue that there was a soft ware problem. Has this happened to anyone else??
    Has anyone experienced this problem before with the DVD 1060?????????????
    Please let me know urgently so that I can face Rotel and tell them that this is not the first case of the DVD 1060 picture problem that we are facing.
    Thanks,
    Chinets
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I believe someone had issues with what he called mosquito noise. I can't remember if it was software, or a power supply problem. I'll try to find the post, but if the dealer is saying it needs new software why not just install the new software?? It comes on a CD and is pretty easy to update.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
      I believe someone had issues with what he called mosquito noise. I can't remember if it was software, or a power supply problem. I'll try to find the post, but if the dealer is saying it needs new software why not just install the new software?? It comes on a CD and is pretty easy to update.

Kevin D.

I had a problem with mosquito noise and the problem was the power supply. Rotel said if I sent it in they woud change/upgrade the power supply, but the problem fixed on its own after I bought a Richard Grey Power Conditioner.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"