X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stev
    • Sep 2005

Long speaker cable v's long RCA's ?

I am going to puchase a RB 1070 or 1080 to run the mains from my RSX 1056. I have the 1056 about 15 meters from the mains - so I can run 15 m of biwire speaker cable from the amp or put the amp close to the speakers - say 2-3m and run long rca's from the 1056 to the amp. Which would be the best option ? Or doesnt it really matter either way ?

Steve
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You would want to stick with the speaker cables. Running a relatively low power RCA a long distance will leave you open to a lot of noise in the system. While with high power speaker cables you will be fine.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Stev
      • Sep 2005

Thanks Kevin - that also provides the best looking setup ! I am going to build a built in shelving system similar to what you have in your pic above - how much clearance do you have around the sides and top of your amps ? I know Rotel says 4 " - yours look like a more snug fit than that ?

Steve

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I'm using Middle Atlantic rack rails with their custom cut rack shelves. While there's only 1 rack space between the Rotel units (roughly 1.75") the shelves have vents and there is no back, sides, or top to the rack.

The whole closet did get pretty hot, but I've since variable speed exhaust fans that adjust depending upon the volume level (and source, 70 on CD isn't quite the same as 70 during a movie).

Sorry for the mess of wires, I haven't cleaned them up since the last shake up. But you can see in the pic how the units basically 'float' in their spot:

Kevin D.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"