X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanInSD
    • Mar 2009

RSX-1056 + Old Velodyne Sub?

Long-time lurker, first time Rotel purchaser. I just purchased a used RSX-1056 and absolutely love the sound. I use it about 75% for HT and wanted to know the best speaker wiring. I currently have my sats connected to the left/right speaker output on the receiver and a Y-connector from the LFE output on the receiver to the left/right input on the sub.

I have these speakers:

Infinity Infinitesimal IV satellites (left, right)
    Energy XL-C (center)
    Ceiling-installed rear speakers
    Velodyne F-1200 sub

I'm thinking I should connect my receiver directly to the sub and then output from the sub to the left/right sats instead of using RCAs to the sub.

Does anybody agree or disagree?
    If so, what should I set my sub crossover to?
    How about the speaker size within the RSX settings?

Any help is appreciated! Great forum!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You would typically only connect the speaker wires through the sub when using a stereo only setup. No real need in your system. If you wanted to try it, you would need to turn the sub off in the 1056 setup menu.

As far as speaker sizes / crossovers, all your speakers need to be set to small.

I couldn't quickly find any specs, but based on pictures I would start at 100hz on the fronts.

With only two 4" drivers, probably 100hz on the center too.

You didn't list what in-ceiling speakers, but most likely 100hz on those as well.

Start with the the sub on 100hz, dropping down to 80hz if it's too boomy.

Go ahead and invest in an SPL meter to make sure all speaker levels are correct. With so many different brands and sizes of speakers, it's going to be hard to adjust by ear.

Kevin D.

Comment

• DanInSD
      • Mar 2009

Thanks, Kevin. I appreciate the input! I'll give it a try and see if it makes any difference.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"