X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radim
    • Feb 2004

12v trigger - problem

Hello, I've 1098 and by 12v trigger cable i control power amp 1095, cd and dvd players. Sometimes during hearing are my controlling components spontaneous switched off.
    Why?
    Is this interaction 12v cable with power or antenna (tv and satellit) cables?

thanks, radim
  • Marlboroman
    • Aug 2005

I would contact your dealer and see about sending your 1098 in to have it checked out by a technician. That does not sound like normal operation to me.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Radim,

You will probably need to check you 12v trigger assignments (in the menu). You can set them to 1,2,3 or all, depending on your input source.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• radim
        • Feb 2004

Not long ago I moved to the new house. At the old house was 12v trigger without any problem. Now I have problem described in my thread.
        So I think that 1098 is o.k. and issue is in power or tv(sat) cables.

What do you think about it ?

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

I'd try replacing the 12v cables first. You may have developed a short, and it's a quick/easy fix/test.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Are your trigger cables daisy chained? (IE, 1098-amp-dvd-cd) or single runs? (1098-amp,1098-cd,1098-dvd)

If it's dasiy chained, swap the first cable with the last. If just the last device turns off randomly, it's the cable. If they all still turn off it's something else.

Kevin D.

Comment

• radim
              • Feb 2004

Thank you for your replies but I must say, meanwhile the problem isn't frozen out.

radim

Comment

• Marcel54
                • Jan 2004

I still have the same problem. In the past there was a very long thread about this problem, so search the Rotel forum and you get some more info on this.

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

I believe that the lastest firmware fixed this problem, I could be wrong however. Just for giggles and kicks check to ensure you have the lastest firmware installed.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• radim
                    • Feb 2004

I loaded the latest firmware for 1098.
                    Meanwhile the 12v trigger is o.k.
                    Maybe this problem will be frozen out.

radim

Comment

• radim
                      • Feb 2004

Oh, no. Again my cd and power amp are off.
                      Interesting is, when I turn off (only stand by mode) my 1098 and then turn on again, cd and amp are still off. I have to turn off 1098 by the switch on the back side of processor and then is all o.k..

radim

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"