X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregorygriggs
    • Oct 2005

RA-1070 or RA-1062

Hi,

I recently purchased an RA-1062 amp on ebay (I remembered my Dad's old Rotel from my youth) and very happy I was with it too. I have also acquired an RA-1070, I wasn't outbid on ebay to my surprise!

The latter hasn't arrived yet so I haven't heard it perform yet. Which would you keep given the choice, if you had to part with one?

I also plan to get an RCD-1072 and hear this was 'voiced' with the RA-1062. Should I keep the RA-1062 with this in mind or will the extra power (and quality? IS the RA-1070 better?) of the RA-1070 make the difference? Please help me in this dilemma!

Thanks.

ps I have Mordaunt-Short 908's.
  • ironchef
    • Feb 2005

RA1062/1072 combination is excellent, I have the same setup. RA 1070 has almost exactly the same character, but more of everything. Actaullly, I should say that I've only heard this with the matching preamp.
    There is a palpable difference between the two. With the added power, I felt that I could hear more detail, and midrange, like guitar sounds. Dynamics more muscular.

Hey, you could always use the 1062 as a pre and bi-amp. Actually, I would be curious to hear what this sounded like.

Edit: Oooops, sorry, I thought you were referring to the RB 1070, I have not heard the RA 1070...

Comment

• gregorygriggs
      • Oct 2005

haha no problem mate, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"