X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shades
    • Mar 2005

New to Rotel

I've been lurking around here for a bit and this is my first post. I just made the plunge on my first rotel components, RSX 1056 and RDV 1050. All i can say is holy s*** i should have made the leap a long time ago. My new 1056 has no bad issues in terms of what i heard on the boards.

I'm running the B&W 602s3 fronts, LCR 600s3 center, 601s3 surrounds and a Paradigm PW 2200 sub. Now i know that is small time compared to some of the systems i've seen here but Rotel & B&W should get married. What a sound. I have to say i've been smiling ever since. Every thing sounds so much better. I had to watch and listen to everything i own. My collection consists of about 200 DVD's and to much to count in music . I'm about 60% music and 40% Ht.

I'm also in the process of getting my cattails from Doug, which i can't wait to get.

Now from what i heard from the 1056, i'm already thinking of getting the RB 1080 or 1070. Which do you think i should get with the gear i listed above?

P.S.
    I want to thank all you guys for posting such good topics and the knowledge on these products. Now i think i'm going to be in the rotel family for a very long time.

Thx,
    Peter
    B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

Congratulations on the new gear. I also made the leap this year to Rotel and I agree - what a difference! I own the 1056 as well and like you was listening to all my material all over again. Being impressed with the sound the 1056 was giving me I opted to audition the 1080 from my dealer. I can tell you the change in sound was just as great as when I hooked up the 1056 for the first time from the Kenwood receiver I owned previously. I ended up buying the 1080. The 1080 provides very clean sound at lower volume levels and much more punch at higher listening levels. I would recommend the 1080 as an addition to the 1056 and many more people here would agree.
    Stereo sounds is awesome and it also greatly improves the surround sound experience IMO.
    Having the 1080 also expands your options for the future if you plan to get a seperate pre amp.
    I haven't heard the 1070 but I know you will not be dissapointed with the 1080.
    Good luck!

Comment

• shades
      • Mar 2005

Thx, kens1. I think the 1080 would be better as i'm eventually will be upgrading my fronts to 700 possibly the 800 series for music and would like the extra punch the 1080 would add

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you've found us and like what we do..

Kevin D.

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

I upgraded to 1080 from 1070 (with my RC-1070, RCD-1072 and Axiom M60ti floorstanders for stereo). I noticed a difference but not a huge one from 1070. However, I am glad I did since I know that I don't need to add anything else to the power for some time now.

Congratulations on new Rotel gear, and enjoy your movies and music!!

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Congrats and welcome! :T
            Jason

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Welcome to the Guide Peter, and club Rotel :welcome: .

I would purchase the 1080, best bang for the buck (for just a couple of hundred more bucks). Unless of course you want to go digital . Just another thought to ponder 8) .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Mitchell
                • Sep 2004

Congratulations and welcome!
                I too have Rotel and B&W and love the results!
                Mitchell

Comment

• shades
                  • Mar 2005

Thanks for the welcome guys

Comment

• grit
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by thyname
                    I upgraded to 1080 from 1070 (with my RC-1070, RCD-1072 and Axiom M60ti floorstanders for stereo). I noticed a difference but not a huge one from 1070. However, I am glad I did since I know that I don't need to add anything else to the power for some time now.

Congratulations on new Rotel gear, and enjoy your movies and music!!
                    Thyname, can you expand a bit more on the change you noticed from the 1070 to the 1080? I have a 1075 and was thinking of adding a 1080 to drive the fronts (B&W 703s) because I've started to listen to music more.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"