X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

RSX-1055 Powering Off Problem

I purchased a Sony Grand WEGA KF-50WE 610 LCD Rear Projection HD-Monitor several weeks ago and hooked the same up into my existing home theater system manned by my RSX-1055. I added a Sony HD300 receiver and a Terk-55 outside antenna. Everything worked fine for the first week. Now when I power everything up I hear some cracking electrical interference through the center channel speaker and the 1055 powers down back into standbymode. I have done a quick check of other connections and all appears to be fine. I have all plugged into a rudimentary entry level monster power strip.

I have not yet had the time to try disconnnect the monitor and the hd receiver and ota antenna from the 1055 to determine if the problem is solely with the receiver or with one of the new additions. However, with the receiver in standby, the monitor and the hd receiver work fine with no electrical interference.

This problem is intermittent and does not occur all of the time.

Are there any user changeable fuses in the 1055? If not, any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?
    Stan
  • BleakShore
    • Oct 2003

Is your ota antenna that is connected to 1055 a powered antenna?

I have a similar set up, and also use Terk outdoor/indoor antenna with built in signal booster in conjuntion with my satellite feed to get ota stations.

When I split the Terk antenna output using a 1-to-2 splitter, and connected to the FM antenna input, the Terk booster amp power supply got really hot. It did not damage it though. But 1055 FM section did not work at all. Unhook Terk, and all was ok.

I don't know you full set up, but thought I'd write just in case...

Comment

• gostan
      • May 2003

Yes, the terk is powered, but I did not split the signal and run it to the fm section of the 1055. Also, there is an inline amplifier, which is directed not to be used with satelites, so I did not use it. The Terk runs to my sony hd receiver. I will have to check the terk transformer for heat when I get home today.

Thanks.
      Stan

Comment

• gostan
        • May 2003

Well, I have finally figured out that my 1055 powering off has nothing to do with overloading an electric circuit or interference from my ota antenna or another source. I disconnected all connections from my 1055 and plugged it in another room and powered it up. Unfortunately, it shut itself down. I made a visit to my Rotel dealer at Natural Sound in Framingham, MA and they are going to look at it tomorrow to confirm the problem. I assume that it will then be on its' way too Rotel for repair.

Very disappointed to say the least. My audio dealer was quite amazed because they have had no similar issues with any other Rotel equipment. I will post again as to the resolution of this problem when I have more info. Meanwhile, I have a Denon 1801 loaner. Better than listening to my Ipod, I guess.
        Stan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"