X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trezza
    • Nov 2003

1066 operating question

Hi fellow Rotel-ers,
    Been a happy 1066/1075/Paradigm owner for about a year. Just did the 1.5 firmware update on my 1066, I thought it might fix this, but same deal.... When I am running my DTV satellite receiver, I would like my DEFAULT audio to be 5-channel stereo. I have set it up this way thru the OSD. The problem is when I change to a premium movie or ppv, the audio mode changes to Pro Logic, DTS, or Dolby Digital. This, of course, is good. However, when I change to a "regular" non-coded channel, it does not default back to 5-channel stereo. Is this possible? Can I make the 1066 revert to 5-channel mode as a default?
    Thanks for the help, Gary.
  • Phrog
    • Oct 2003

That is a very good question... I am in the same situation. I have not found a way to have it revert back to 5 channel stereo though. It seems that for it to be able to do that, the signal from DTV would have to carry some type of a flag.

Comment

• mazuly
      • Feb 2003

Are your default channels analog or digital?
      What does the RSP default to?
      Is it DD2.0 with DPII processing?

In my case I could not do that since all digital channels were broadcast in DD2.0 which can not be processed to 5 channel stereo. You would need your set-top box to broadcast PCM digital.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
      Maziar

Comment

• Trezza
        • Nov 2003

O.K., ..I guess the deal is the SOURCE determines the default, and would override the default setting in the 1066 menu. That probably makes sense, (unfortunately.) I'm using the RCA DTC-100 Hi-Def sat. box, and my guess is it decodes in DPII, 'cause that's what it defaults to. Thanks for helping me understand.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"