I know you are sick of hearing this...1066 Bass Management...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kilr4d
    • Dec 2004

I know you are sick of hearing this...1066 Bass Management...

O.K. I apologize in advance. I know this is old news, but I can't find the diagram anywhere. One more time, can someone please walk me through this....

I have an 1066 and an NAD 543 DVD/DVD-A player...the DVD player has an Audio Setup screen, very similar to the 1066. The owners manuals lists the DVD players crossovers @ 100hz, which seems a little high to me.

Please advise the correct settings for the dvd player (large or small) for my fronts and the correct setting for the 1066 (large or small) for the fronts.

Also - Does my 1066 have the ability to set my speakers to large for 2CH (CD audio) only and automatically revert to small for all other formats?

Also - Can someone please post a link to the diagram for cutting the resistors?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • Martinf
    • Oct 2003

You need to specify:
    (a) what kind of speakers & sub you are using;
    (b) whether you are using the six analog-out jacks or the digital-out.

N.B. For hirez DVD-A, you need to use the six analog-outs from the NAD, going into the six channel analog "Multi" inputs of the RSP-1066.
    For films i.e. Dolby-Digital 5.1 & DTS (and CDs & TV played back in DPLII or DTS Neo 6 surround modes) you should use the co-ax (preferable) to link the DVD player digitally to the processor.
    This approach will enable you to flexibly set the bass management in the RSP-1066 processor optimally for films etc.
    For DVDA, you’ll need to use the BM in the NAD player itself, and use the six-channel analog bypass. But if you are not happy with the 100Hz crossover, then you should get a different machine for DVDA. Otherwise you can run the NAD all speakers full-range i.e. "large" and use an Outlaw ICBM and perform bass management in this dedicated external analog box in series with the six-channel analog cables.
    Regarding the resistor fix, I got Rotel to do it before shipping to me. In your case, I suggest you get it done by an authorised Rotel repair shop, otherwise, if you mess it up by doing it yourself, you’ll invalidate any warranty etc.
    I'll be back!

Comment

• kilr4d
      • Dec 2004

Energy C-9 Front's
      Energy C-1 Center
      B&W Surrounds
      B&W Center Backs

I am acceptable to using either the digital optical out or the 6 Channel analogue. I would like a recommendation on this.

As far as snipping the wires, my 1066 is long since out of warranty.

Thanks,

John

Comment

• Martinf
        • Oct 2003

Definitely use the bass-management in the Rotel for films, and connect using a suitable digital interconnect. (Even the larger C9s don't really kick-in till about 40Hz -- see graphs in this link:

If DVDA is important to you, then get six analog connectors and use the analog bypass input of the processor. (With DVDA bass management -- see options outlined above.)

In either case you must have a sub! (you didn't specify one above)

Regarding the analog "Multi" input resisitor fix, well do whatever you see fit -- if you know what you are doing.
        I'll be back!

Comment

• kilr4d
          • Dec 2004

Right. B&W ASW Sub.

Do you have the diagram and/or instructions to snip the correct resistors?

Comment

• Martinf
            • Oct 2003

Maybe here:-
            I'll be back!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"