X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dallaskruse
    • Oct 2014

Rotel 1066 - Zone 2 - Remote Control

Products: Rotel 1066 and RR-969 remote Control

I am at the tail end of adding a Logitech Harmony to my parents' Home Theater.

They have a Rotel 1066 receiver along with the Rotel RR-969 remote.

Zone 2 works great when accessed via the front Zone button on the Rotel receiver.

When I select ZONE on the ROTEL RR-969 remote, it triggers "REC VCR" on the Rotel Receiver.

When I added the default "Zone" button on the Harmony Remote, it selects "Treble" controls on the Rotel receiver.

I have tried to reset the RR-969 back to default settings and when i press zone, the Rotel receiver reads "REC VCR" instead of turning Zone 2 on and off.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue?

I can't program the Harmony via IR clone b/c the original Zone button on the RR-969 isn't sending the correct command.

I read the manual but just can't seem to figure this out...

Any help is appreciated.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Originally the RSP-1066 Zone 2 was only controllable from the front panel, or with the standard IR codes via the ZONE-IN jack in the back. V1.32 firmware added the ability for the ZONE button on the remote to work.

Hold down mute on the front of the unit and see if it shows your parents have the original release firmware of 1.2. If so, installing the final release 1.54 will fix the issue along with many improvements made through the years.

If that's not the case, I'm not sure what to tell you. Does Harmony have the ability to paste in a HEX code to use? The correct ZONE command is available on the support site.

Another option if you are using a Harmony RF base and they have discrete port outputs is to run a separate cable to the ZONE-IN on the back of the unit and send the same main zone commands out that port.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"