X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shadowfax
    • Jan 2006

Need some help with my new RSX-1056

I just bought a new Rotel RSX-1056 for the Home Theater, and have a few things that I just can't work out:

1) I can't get the OSD to work over Component Video. My dealer said that this was extremely common not just Rotel, but for every type of equipment he's ever seen. Anyone know a good work around? It would be more convenient than switching into SVideo to make changes. Oddly enough, things like volume control, mute, etc show up fine from Component. Just the OSD doesn't work.

2) I've got a PC that I want to hook up that I'm using as a home-built DVR. The TV out from the PC simply will not upconvert from SVideo to component, however every other SVideo source I plug in upconverts just fine! The PC will upconvert to component for about one second before it stops working.

3) Does anyone know where I can get a list of the serial control codes for the unit? I'd like to write myself some custom software to control the unit from the computer....

Thanks!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

1) If volume shows up, you should have no issues viewing OSD over component. What source are you running when trying to view it? You might have to go in and set progressive 'on' for one of the component videos.

2) That's just part of it. Not everything will upconvert nor upconvert correctly. I've had sources turn black/white, get fuzzy, etc.. I would be using the VGA/DVI output of the PC and running Dscaler anyway. You could then get a VGA to component adapter.

3) The Rotel website has all the RS232 codes...

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"