X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonas78
    • Aug 2005

Computer software for RSP-1098 ?

Hi,

What kind of computer software can be used with the RSP-1098? (over Ethernet)
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

It looks like ethernet on the rear panel, but its really a serial (RS232) port. A serial cable (RJ-45 to 9 pin D ) is supplied with the unit. As for software, any terminal emulation program will send/receive (display) data. Rotel have some extra stuff on their website, there's info about commands and protocols, and a terminal program MTTY.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Jonas78
      • Aug 2005

Ahh, thanks for the info

So there is no "plug-and-play" software available today then?
      Last edited by Jonas78; 26 August 2005, 17:34 Friday. Reason: Added some questions

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jonas78
        Ahh, thanks for the info

So there is no "plug-and-play" software available today then?
        No, currently there is nothing else available other than the aforementioned.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Someone made a program that could control and get feedback from the 1066/1055/1065 line. I'm not sure if he ever updated to support the 1098 or not. He did include his source code, so if you can program you can add support.

Kevin D.

Comment

• PiDD
            • Aug 2003

I use Girder to control the 1098. It is a lot of work but worth it.

First configure the girder serial plugin for the 1098. Create a command in girder and give it the rotel hex code. Test it in girder to make sure it works. I use Xlobby as a front end. I created a button on a screen and linked it to the girder command.

The cool thing about xlobby is that it has a pocket pc interface. I bought a ppc with ethernet and can control the 1098 from 100's of feet away! I love turning on the deck speakers, sitting on the patio and changing tunes or turning it up.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
              • May 2004

The closest thing to "plug-and-play" for Rotel is I-command. You can find out more about them at http://i-command.com/

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• Jonas78
                • Aug 2005

Ok, thanks
                Will se if I can take the time to figure this out...
                I'm a programmer by profession, but since it has not been done yet I guess there are some major quirks to overcome. :|

Btw: Is there a emulator available for the 1098 (or any other Rotel gear)?
                Last edited by Jonas78; 27 August 2005, 11:40 Saturday. Reason: Added a question

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"