X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rtu0894
    • Nov 2007

Computer controlled

Does anyone have any insight in controlling the RC 1090 (and others) via computer. I would like to take advantage of the RJ-45 8-pin (ethernet cabbling) jack on the unit. My dealer seems to be clueless as to who provides software. I understand full control can be had via computer. thanks in advance.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Do a search in this forum. It comes up quite a bit and I have recently re-posted the only stand-alone control anyone ever made. Not sure if it has support for the RC-1090, but if you know Pascal it should be easy to add.

FYI, that's not an ethernet jack, it's a standard RS232 port in an RJ45 configuration. It's designed for integration into home automation systems rather then using IR. You will typically only get standard IR functions and a copy of what's on the front display.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rtu0894
      • Nov 2007

thanks for the info. I know its not a ethernet port, i was just trying to explain the jack type. Simple control is all that is desired, nothing crazy. Just want to do it for the cool factor. I wll do a search on here, which I previously have not. thanks again for the response..

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I was headed out to a football game earlier.. Here's one of the threads in case you couldn't find it:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"