X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Hearing is believing with 1072

My friend was looking at CD players so when I went to an A/V shop he tagged along to see whats out there. I had mentioned all the good things I hear about the Rotel 1072 but he wanted to spend a fraction of what it costs. The salesguy proceeded to hook up a few players from Rotel, NAD, Cambridge Audio, and a tube CD player (dont remember the brand).

Bear in mind I had never demo'ed CD players before so I was not expecting to hear much difference between brands/models. Boy was I wrong. Without going into long winded descriptions of each all I can say is the 1072 was by far the best sounding one. And it wasnt even close. It was as if the other players sounded the same but the Rotel was a cut above. Even the tube player was not up to par with the Rotel. Now I know why it gets such good press. After the testing my friend picked it up even though he had no plan on spending that much. Getting a good deal plus the no tax in MA this past weekend certainly helped.

Moral of the story, if your looking for a CD player the Rotel 1072 deserves serious consideration. I rarely listen to music but after hearing how good it sounded I am tempted to get one.
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

You SHOULD get one, I did and I love it. For the money it can't be beat even by many costing twice as much. I'm begining to think Rotel should coin a new motto... "Buy ROTEL because everything else is just TWO much." Get it?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• sprout
      • Jun 2005

Out of interest does anyone have any first hand knowledge of comparing the 1072 to the 1070?

I ask as I have only heard good things about the 1072, but in a for sale add recently of someone selling a 1070, he commented that it was far better than its replacement, the 1072 :E

Cheers

sprout

PS I take CD serious too, still use my trusty 965BX and also own an Arcam Delta 170.3 and BB5

Comment

• rpryan
        • Mar 2005

I too went out just to demo cd players and when I heard the 1072 I just couldn't believe the the sound. I bought it on the spot and ordered some kingcats and I nevered looked back. After about 7 months I'm used to the sound and it doesn't impress me anymore; until I go to friends houses and listen to their set ups. I go home and I'm impressed all over again.
        If you like it buy it.
        Bob

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

One question I have, what Cambridge Audio CD player did you demo?

The 640c sounds as good if not better than the 1072 (I demoed both side by side on my system)....

...and for me the price over quality difference wasn't worth the extra for the Rotel...?!

Just curious on your opinion if you demoed the 640c as well.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"