X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benthx
    • Nov 2004

looking at rotel ????

Hello Fellow Members

I was considering looking at a nad c272 when I stumbled on rotel by accident.

The same dealer carries both. I have heard a lot about nad but rotel is new for me. I have 6 ohm speakers and which i will use for ht and 2 channel listening. I am familiar with adcom (I have the gfa 7500) which will cost me about $400.00 (aussie) more. Both are rated at 200rms.

As I have to import the adcom from the USA and the rotel available local. I cant but help be tempted by the 400.00 saving on the rotel 1080.

Anyone familiar with adcom? In question gfa 5500. Like to hear comments of the two.

I do however plan to use a rotel 1070 for other duties.

Thanks
  • Taito
    • Sep 2004

Hi and welocome!

I cannot be much help with the adcom - have never heard one, but I do have a 1080 and love it! It would have no problems at all with 6 ohms.

Hope this helps.
    Ben

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The 1080's a very strong amp and if you can get it locally all the better :T

Comment

• thyname
        • Jan 2005

I have RB-1080 in a stereo setup with RC-1070 and RCD-1072 cd player and I am more than happy. Blessed the day I purchased my first Rotel gear (RX-1052 stereo receiver)!!! Rotel is the way to go with my HT of the future!!!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"