2 Ch purists...what are my options? rc-1070 or ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Marlboroman
    I like to take note of the major recording studios in the world. See what brand of speakers the majority of them use and that should tell you which brand is preferred for true music reproduction SM
    I think you'll find JBL pro speakers being used as monitors in most of the studio's in the US. We generally don't use home speakers in a professional environment, and only a few manufacturers make both.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Marlboroman
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DrJRapp
      I think you'll find JBL pro speakers being used as monitors in most of the studio's in the US. We generally don't use home speakers in a professional environment, and only a few manufacturers make both.

Why is it that you always have an input on every thing? I have read most of your posts on this forum and you can not let anyone say anything without contradicting them. Sony Recording studios, Skywalker sound, Abby Road... these MAJOR recording studios who are responsible for the best of the best all use B&W speakers. I am not talking about some junk recording studio that does third rate sound tracks and CDs. I will state again the point of my last post that ultimately you will have to listen for yourself and decide which manufacturer you prefer.

SM

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Why is it that you always have an input on every thing? SM
        I answered that question because it was one that I researched about a month ago out of my own curiosity thru IDG, NY one of the leading design firms in the recording studio business in the US. During the late 80's I worked with them designing Media Sound and Columbia Studios as well as CBS television studio in NYC. Besides being a design engineer, I've been a "wanna-be" record producer (I actually did have 1 gold record out of the 9 that I produced) and have tons of contacts in the recording business.

I have an answer for a lot of things because I've been around this business for over 45 years and just know a lot about it and a lot of people in it. The Phd and college professor in me oftimes copels me to speak out on the subjects I am familiar with. I'm sorry if that offends you in some way.
        Last edited by DrJRapp; 20 August 2005, 07:00 Saturday.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Marlboroman
          • Aug 2005

What were the 9 albums and which one went gold? Who are your contacts? My statement was not about just US recording studios but the major studios in the world and currently on the top of the list. A studio that you worked with in the 80's is not something that I am speaking about.

SM

Comment

• AB11
            • Jul 2005

I 'm a nobody that wants DrJ to keep on adding his 2 pennys.

I'll take knowledge over rudeness - every single time.

I just plugged my RF7s into my new 1090 and my RF5s into my new 1095 so I'm feeling good today. Normally, I wouldn't chime in...

Comment

• thyname
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by AB11
              I 'm a nobody that wants DrJ to keep on adding his 2 pennys.
              Me too!!

Comment

• DrJRapp
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2003

What were the 9 albums and which one went gold? Who are your contacts? My statement was not about just US recording studios but the major studios in the world and currently on the top of the list. A studio that you worked with in the 80's is not something that I am speaking about.

SM
                There were nine (actually more) singles and three albums. Two different groups one called "The Trust" that never went anywhere. Another was called Odyssey where we had a small measure of succcess and one Gold single called "Native New Yorker". Most people outside the NYC area never even heard of it, although the melody has become part of the "elevator music" genre. My Co-producer was Irwin Levine, who amongst other claims to fame wrote what was at one time the song published in the most foreign languages, along with the beatles Yellow Submarine. That song was "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" which he wrote for Tony Orlando along with "Knock Three Times" and "Candida".

Inspiration for the hook in "Native New Yorker" came from a comment I made to our lead singer when she was having a difficult time memorizing the written music (commonly called a musical score)... I walked over and said ...you should know that score by now you're a native New Yorker.

I know a lot, a ton and then some of people in the Facilities Design end of the Entertainment and electronics industry, a part of the industry I'm still active in as a consultant. Out of respect for most of them I wouldn't just go dropping names. I know who and what I am, I have no need to prove anything to anyone. And, you don't have to read what I have say if you don't like it..... heck.....I get paid big bucks for my advice....do you?
                Last edited by DrJRapp; 24 August 2005, 22:37 Wednesday.
                Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• ProStereo
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by AB11
                  I'll take knowledge over rudeness - every single time.

I just plugged my RF7s into my new 1090 and my RF5s into my new 1095 so I'm feeling good today. Normally, I wouldn't chime in...
                  Well said! Rudeness is very unclassy.

Congrats on your system, very nice!!!!

Comment

• soundhound
                    • Mar 2004

I prefer humble myself. Jerry,what was the name of you're web site? With all due respect, can you post a link in the proper thread so everyone can pop in and read of all you're experiences?

Comment

• DrJRapp
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Apr 2003

I don't want to post that link because it's really advertising for one of my many businesses and is far from all inclusive in terms of my experience. Since I don't know if or how it bends or breaks the rules and I would prefer not to anger the gods, anyone with a burning desire can find it listed under my profile.
                      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Taito
                        • Sep 2004

You will find that any major studio uses B&W speakers because of their faithful reproduction of sound.
                        Originally posted by Marboroman
                        Sony Recording studios, Skywalker sound, Abby Road... these MAJOR recording studios who are responsible for the best of the best all use B&W speakers.
                        Ok. I'd agree that Jerry is opinionated, ie. he has his own opinions. That's a good thing. It just seems to me that you threw a personal attack out there "I have read most of your posts on this forum and you can not let anyone say anything without contradicting them."

The above quotes sound very much like what B&W has to say in their product broshures. You didn't qualify your statements (I don't count marketing info as qualification). Why should Jerry have to? Just because some major studios use B&W does not mean that ALL of them do.

This forum is a good source of information because there are so many people who are willing to offer opinions on topics. That is what it is about. It is NOT about having a go at people for putting their opinions out there. Does he disagree with you or do you disagree with him? It's mutual. Deal with it.

I suggest everyone just back down and lets let this forum stay both fun and informative!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"