X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shep
    • Dec 2004

RB-1090 really discontinued?

For those of you who haven't followed, I took home a demo RB-1090 about a month ago to try with my B&W 804s. Was very pleased with the improvement over my current RB-1070. Went back to the dealer to order a new RB-1090 and he came back a week later to tell me that the RB-1090 has officially been discontinued and that he cannot get a new one. I am a little miffed (minor issue, the demo is black and the rest of my equipment is silver -- RC-1070 and RCD-1072), but the sound is such a step up that I am tempted to just negotiate a better price for the demo.

Bottom line, has anyone else also heard that the RB-1090 is no longer in production?

My shop is not even trying to get the new RB-1092 in, so I haven't had a chance to listen. This experience makes me want to explore other options...(nuForce, a bigger step up to Classe, etc.)
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

yep, heard the same thing about 5 weeks ago.
    Bad thing is they were not discounting the final batch.
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

www.hometheaterstore.com has some in stock. Give them a try. Maybe your dealer can get from them.

Comment

• shep
        • Dec 2004

Texas is a long way from Maryland and shipping is likely to dig into any hoped-for discount. I'll scout around the area first. Too bad the dealer didn't know when I put in my order...

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

Have you tried the RB-1080? I am not certain of you're speaks, but have owned all 3 Rotel amps (1070,80, and 90) and found the biggest difference between the 1070 and 1080. The 90 wich I recently parted with is a beast, but up to high listening levels the 1080 is a bute.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by shep
            Texas is a long way from Maryland and shipping is likely to dig into any hoped-for discount. I'll scout around the area first. Too bad the dealer didn't know when I put in my order...
            They wouldn't be able to ship to you anyway, I believe Minor was referring to a dealer transfer, which Rotel does allow. Your dealer should be able to call his rep and see if any closer dealer has some they need to move as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• shep
              • Dec 2004

maybe I'll take a look at the 1080 to see if that works. I find the 1070 to be a little weak on low-level dynamics, and am not as concerned with listening at high levels. Besides, it is half as much as the 1090, right?

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

The 1080 will only be 70 w/ch more than your 1070 - may not hear much db increase but sound quality may cetainly improve. There are some 1090 for sale on Audiogon. Once again, I am sure your dealer could order from another if you really wanted the 1090. Personally, I would bypass the 1080 and step up to the 1090 or 1092. Will save another possible upgrade down the road.

Comment

• mattburk
                  • Feb 2003

does the 1090 really have a 12volt trigger? It is not listed on the website, but a few members have said that the newer version does. I have not seen a pic of one that does.
                  www.mycstone.com
                  www.coverednow.com
                  www.biarenton.com

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

I've never seen one that does. The newer 1095's have the trigger added though.

Kevin D.

Comment

• shep
                      • Dec 2004

the fairly new demo that I may soon be returning does not have the trigger. I have read elsewhere that it was never added to the 1090, although it was included with later models such as the 1080 and 1070.
                      Last edited by shep; 25 May 2006, 07:06 Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"