X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • italia
    • Sep 2003

Couple Problems with RSX-1055

1. When I switch channels while watching TV, about 20% of the time there will be no sound from the new channel. This is completely random and irrespective of channel. To get the sound back I can either turn the receiver off and on or go to another channel and come back. This is very frustrating. Why is this happening?

2. I noticed tonight while watching, appropriately enough, The Tonight Show that Leno's monologue was not properly synched. I think the sound was delayed, but it was very noticeable. Watched a program just prior to that and didn't notice a sych problem.... so that leaves me pretty confused.
  • art vandeleigh
    • Oct 2003

i just had the #1 problem today. i have had my 1055 for about a week with maybe 5 hours on it. i was listeneing to my cd player and when i went to switch out the disk and put the new one in, there would be no sound comming form the 1055. it was if the 1055 was not even on. usually there woudl be a little background noise, but there was NONE.

so i just turned off the 1055 and that solved the problem. so i decided to switch the cd again and it happens again. but this time i just stopped the cd play and tried to play again...and that solved the problem.

so what the heck is going on??? this is the first time this has happened.

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

The lip synch problem can also occur due to the transmission. I've seen it with some sattelite stations too.

If you have the audio connected through an analogue input its hardly possible for there to be a delay. Also with digital inputs I've never seen real lip sync problems with my RSP1066, the processing is lightning fast.

About the no sound when switching. Do you have it connected analogue or digital? Maybe there is no signal lock? Do you have the latest firmware version on the 1055?

Comment

• italia
        • Sep 2003

Yes I have the latest firmware. I am connected via digital coax to my satellite receiver. Signal lock? Yeah, I don't think there is.

Art: I have not had the same problem that you have had with teh cd player (running analog to my RCD-1070).

Comment

• art vandeleigh
          • Oct 2003

i am running optical from the cd player to my 1055...i will pay close attention for the next few days.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"