X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poul
    • Dec 2002

RSX 1055 Redirect Problem

Hi All,

I posted about this problem a couple of weeks ago but received no responses, so I'll try again.

The problem in a nutshell is:

When you set the 1055 to REDIRECT the front amps to centre back, something unexpected happens:
    (keep in mind that the speaker setting for Centre Back only have the options of SMALL and NO)

When I set the Front speaker setting to LARGE the centre rear speakers receive the FULL range signal! (despite the centre rears bing set to SMALL)

My software level is 2.2.2

I went to my hi-fi dealer and we tested a 1055 with the 2.2.4 software on and it had the same problem.

I don't think Rotel Australia are aware of this problem. Can any-one else confirm my observation?

Regards
    Poul
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You might want to upgrade to the latest firmware version to see if that helps or not. If not let me know and I'll put you in touch with tech support.

Comment

• Poul
      • Dec 2002

Thanks Andrew, there's life out there after all! h

I'm really surprised that no-one else have come across this problem before. You don't use redirect yourself, or you have your fronts set to small?

I don't hold much hope for V225, but I'll give it a bash. I'll let you know how it goes.

(At least rotel fixed my scorched rears under warranty because the amp is faulty)

Thanks again
      Poul

Comment

• Poul
        • Dec 2002

Just a quick note to let you know that I installed firmware V225 on the 1055 last night. This fixed the redirect problem. Centre rears no longer recive the foll range bass signal when the fronts are set to LARGE.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

good to hear they fixed that problem!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"