Lexicon DC-1 and Rotel 1072. Analog out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spkerguy
    • Jun 2005

Lexicon DC-1 and Rotel 1072. Analog out?

I'm looking to get the Rotel 1072 CD player to replace my aging Cd player and was wondering if I should use the DACs in the Rotel Cd player or the lexicon. Any opinions out there?

Thanks,

Ken
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

The RCD-1072 DACs should be alot better than those in the DC-1. Unless the DC-1 does digital processing on analog inputs anyway, use the RCD's analog connections. If the DC-1 converts to digital anyway, then it's best to use the digital connection from the RCD to avoid another A/D + D/A conversion.

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

The DC 1 has no analog direct inputs, it converts everything analog to digital.

Comment

• spkerguy
        • Jun 2005

Thanks everyone. Would I still benefit from using the rotel 1072 with the DC-1 even though the DC 1 has no analog inputs? Right now I'm using a pioneer DV-440 or 434 (i think thats the model) DVD player for CDs.

thanks,

ken

Comment

• jim777
          • Mar 2005

The reduced jitter of the 1072 *may* do an improvement, but I'm not sure that it will be worth it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Right the DC1 (like all but the latest Lexicon's) digitize all analog inputs so there's little to be gained using the DAC's in the Rotel. You might notice a little better sound from a more stable transport but to be honest I doubt it'd be worth the cost.

Comment

• spkerguy
              • Jun 2005

Thanks everyone for responding. It looks like I'll hold off for as long as I can before getting a new CD player. I'm having an issue with my pioneer DVD player playing CDs. It plays DVDs fine but the CD has to be absolutely perfect (bran new) for the CD to play. I must have tried at least 50 CDs and this seems to be the case. Any ideas? I was thinking of taking the player apart tonight and cleaning it to see if that helps.

Ken

Comment

• jim777
                • Mar 2005

I'm pretty sure that a different laser is always used for CD vs. DVD, so a dirty lense or defect laser could be the cause...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Its rarely a different laser (only the flagship Sony's did that) but it readjusts the frequency to read the CD's. On some models there's a calibration mode but again that's typically only on the higher end Sony's. If its just CD's you're looking to play consider checking out the used CD player market for an older model with a solid platter and digital out. There's some great gems out there for very reasonable prices.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"