X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spkerguy
    • Jun 2005

Lexicon DC-1 owners please help!

I'm an owner of a lexicon DC-1 and am looking to get a new CD player. Does the DC-1 have a direct analog bypass so I can keep the analog signal coming from the new CD player (Rotel 1072)? I would hate for the DC-1 to convert it back to digital again. Would it be an advantage to use the DACs in the new CD player since they are probably updated from the DC-1?

Thanks so much!

Michael :E
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Michael, the DC-1 is a digital controller. Unfortunately, you can't really bypass the A to D circuitry to the best of my recollection. You have to step up to an MC-1 or MC-12 I believe to take advantage of that bypass capability.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• spkerguy
      • Jun 2005

Thanks for your reply. It loooks like I might be replacing my DC-1 within the next couple of months anyway. Just out of curiosity, If you had to choose between lexicon and meridian which would you choose? I just found out that I'm not able to take advantage of the trade-in credit lexicon has because the DC-1 is so old.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"