X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 5.0greg
    • Apr 2005

Someone help who has RSP-1068

I was hoping someone could do me a favor? I listed a problem I'm having my RSP-1068 in another thread and they now replaced it although after using it for awhile I think it's still there-

If someone could follow these steps I would greatly appreciate it-

Put in a DVD an press play. Wait till you get the DD signal and it switches on the front of the unit. Press stop on the DVD player. Now turn the unit up to around 80-90 with no audio coming through. Do you hear any static or anything? Turn the volume down to 40-50. Switch to another input with no source. Now turn the volume up to 80-90 with no source playing. Do you get any type of digital sounding noise?

Thanks to anyone who can try this for me.
    Greg
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

No offense, but your doing something the unit was never designed to do. I would imagine you should be getting all kind of strange issues going to an silent/unused input and cranking the volume almost to max...

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

No doubt! How did you even discover this?!?! :lol:

If you stand on your head in fron of the 1068 does it make a difference? Try putting your left foot in and do the hoakie pokie :rofl:
      Jason

Comment

• 5.0greg
        • Apr 2005

I know I'm doing something extreme. I had problems before that were confirmed by the dealer and they were similar.

It is a little absurd and you would never do anything like this normally but the noise it makes is a digital noise from the boards. It goes away as soon as you go into analog bypass which just seemed odd.

No better way to make sure everything is okay than to ask others having the same or not the same noise.

Anything I'm getting now while watching a movie is defintely due to a zhitty DVD player.

I'm sure everything is good now. I think actually doing the hoakie pokie worked! ha ha

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by aud19
          No doubt! How did you even discover this?!?! :lol:

If you stand on your head in fron of the 1068 does it make a difference? Try putting your left foot in and do the hoakie pokie :rofl:

I have often tried standing on my head, whilst doing the Hokie cokie that is, but I tend to fall down alot...

Mark

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

5.0greg....key words,extreme and normally....

Comment

• 5.0greg
              • Apr 2005

H.Donald- thanks for your insight

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Its likely muting the digital board when you switch to analog so I don't see that being an issue and you're right this test you're asking isn't something any of us normally would do so I'm not sure what the point is?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"