X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barona
    • Jan 2003

RSP1068, RS232 & Volume Ramping

I'm controlling this preamp via RS232 and was wondering if there was a way to do a press and hold for volume up/down. I'm using a Pronto TSU9600 and I currently have to press and release and then press again to get the volume to go up/down. The codes I'm using are:

Volume Up: FE 03 A1 10 00 B4
    Volume Dwn: FE 03 A1 10 01 B5

I also tried FE 03 A1 10 0B BF and FE 03 A1 10 0C C0
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not via RS232. I've never used a 9600, but I'm surprised that's not built into the Pronto software. Very few processors have separate start ramp and stop ramp codes as it can be easy to miss the stop ramp command.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Just read some threads over at remotecentral. It seems some were having problems on other processors with volume commands as well. They fixed it with firmware updates on the base station and remote. Are you up to date on that end?

Kevin D.

Comment

• barona
        • Jan 2003

Yep, I'm up to date as I also frequent over there for ideas. I used to control the 1068 by IR and it worked fine but once I switched to RS232 I see that the command gets sent once and the volume increases by a factor of 2 (even whenpressed and held). I thought maybe I was using the wrong RS232 code. I'll ask over there and see if they have any other ideas.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"