X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Regnad
    • Jul 2004

1068 with Denon 2910 DVD player...

I see that the 2910 has DD and DTS decoding built-in. How would the sound compare using its decoding via the 1068's multi inputs vs. the digital connection coax to the 1068?

I know that I need to decide for myself, I was curious before I went to the trouble to hook it all up.

Thanks for any advice...
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

Gee, all you got to hook up is the coaxial or optic cable and you're done. :W I would go with the Rotel esp. if you are not into multichannel music.

Comment

• resperc
      • May 2004

I have the Denon DVD-2910 and the Rotel RSP-1068 as well. For what it is worth...

I have a digital coax cable connected for movies (RSP-1068 decoding) and I also have a pair of RCAs connected for CD use with the RSP-1068 in analog bypass mode. CDs and movies sound fantsatic!! There are many options. I just thought I would share with you my configuration.

Good luck, resperc

Comment

• csuzor
        • Nov 2004

I've done many comparisons between the coaxial or analog outputs of the Denon2200 into 1068 digital or multi-inputs. The sound is slightly different, but which is better? In stereo I choose the analog method, but since I prefer DTS Neo mode, I use digital to avoid double DAC and ADC.
        I believe the audio on the 2910 is inferior to 2200, so I would probably recommend to use the digital out.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"