X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

Purchase the 1066?

Hello all,

I'm currently using a RSX-972 as the preamp/processor for my 1075.
    I have an oppertunity this week to purchase a new 1066 for a decent price.

However I need a push :-) Its very difficult to sell the 972 in Canada and receive a fair price (its only a little over a year old). So, I was thinking of keeping it and using it to drive the extra 2-channels in a 7-channel setup or use as a 2nd room source.

It appears that Rotel will prob be releasing a new product next year so I'm a little hesitant in purchasing the 1066. Besides, it can be argued that surround formats have not changed significantly since the advent of digital/dts a few years back. Since I'm a big fan of SACD's, I also fear a new Rotel Processor/Release will use a new input such as FireWire to help with hi-resolution audio bass managment issues. Sonically, it appears that the 1066 is far superior to the internal processor/preampliciation of the 972.

So can somebody provide me with this push or chalk up some reassurance!

Many thanks!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Will your dealer let you try one for the night? Or what's his return policy? I really like pro logic II and going 6.1 or 7.1 can be a hugh step forward if your room supports proper speaker placement.

Comment

• chanlon
      • Sep 2003

I'll have to take the equipment home for a single evening and see what I think of the 1066. I noticed that you upgraded to the 1098. I can get this equipment for a good deal. The 1098 is almost double in price.
      However, I know that if I wait it out til next year, the 1098's features will prob be available in a lower end model.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"