X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

Rotel RMB-1066 6 Channel Amp Questions

Anybody out there know if Rotel still has stock on this amp in North American? I know that they have 1069 and 1068's remaining apparently. My Rotel rep is out of town this week.

I'm currently using a Rotel RSX-972 Receiver to power my 2nd zone.
    Basically the 2nd zone is my upstairs made of 5 pairs of speakers located throughout the house. Each pair is connected to a volume control with impedance matching protection. Thus, they are connected to the front channel on the 972.

I'm thinking there is prob. a better way to do this. When my wife wants to turn on a 2nd zone, she has to hit a number of different buttons on my 1069 processor and receiver. The 972 doesn't have a 12V trigger input. She has given me the green light to make this easier for her. I need to stay under $800. Thus, The 1066 question.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

A RMB1066 would be a perfect solution, but I'm not sure if they will have any in stock. They might be able to order a b-stock unit.

Are all the wires home ran? You could use zone2, 3, & 4 fed to the 1066 with the zone trigger. You would have to still group some of the speakers together to get it 5 down to 3, but would work well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• chanlon
      • Sep 2003

Hi gang.

I'm thinking about picking up a Rotel RMB-1077 amp at a great clearance price.
      However, I have a 1075 5 channel amp that I currently use for my home theater. Instead of selling it, I was debating using it to power other zones in my house (5 sets of other speakers).

Kevin, all of my wires are ran but I have no problem combining a few of these. What are your thoughts? Can this be accomplished as easily as using a distribution amplifier?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Won't be a problem. Just use zone's 2 & 3 and group a few sets of speakers together.

Kevin D.

Comment

• chanlon
          • Sep 2003

Thanks a million Kevin. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"