X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonkler
    • Jan 2005

LFE issue w/ RSX 1055

Hey All!

Been a while since I checked in on this BB since my RSX 1055 has been running smoothly up until last week. I noticed and can't figure out why the LFE is showing up in the speaker status on the right side of the front panel display. I don't have a subwoofer, it is turned off in the configuration and even have gone to the extent of doing a factory default reset!! Nothing seems to clear this setting and I feel its the reason why my speakers sound like poo these days.

Also, on another seperate issue, I can scroll thru the various surround settings and it will act as though I have speakers hooked up where none exist, despite turning the non-existant channels off in the OSD. IS this receiver's software fried? Anyone experience this before? Any help is appreciated here!
  • maddog
    • Oct 2003

I have a RSX 1055. With regards to the LFE speaker showing in the front-panel dispaly, it shows on mine even when I have it set to OFF in the OSD (which I have for the tuner and multi-channel inputs); however, the subwoofer is not being sent any signal and is off (as is indicated by it's on/off light being red instead of green and, of course, as is evident from no subwoofer sound). So, it's just a display issue on mine. Not sure how you could tell if it's just a display issue on yours without a subwoofer to check it out. Maybe you could borrow a subwoofer to test this.

Comment

• maddog
      • Oct 2003

Just for clarification, when I have the subwoofer set to Off in the SUB LEVEL section, it still shows on the display. However, when I have it set to No in the SPEAKER section it does NOT show on the display.

Comment

• bonkler
        • Jan 2005

Thanks for the input maddog, It's nice to see I'm not the only one with stray display msgs.... It just suprised me to find it conspicuously "on" one day after many months of glitch free use which unfortunately is accompanied by a near to total lack of bass thru the main L & R channels.

I will also check out all subwoofer settings (thought that I had already, but will double check). I also unfortunately don't have a proper sub to hook up to try and test this but one of my spare mains may be able to take care of this test.

Comment

• Tha Freak
          • Jul 2003

have you tried unplug it from the receiver to see if the light goes off??
          - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• bonkler
            • Jan 2005

yeah, that was the 1st thing I tried... That usually works for servers too when a dumb error pops up on them so I think my troubleshooting kicked in when I saw the LFE pop up.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"