X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zac108au
    • May 2005

Runnin in a new av receiver

Hi

Im going to pick up my new Rotel RSX-1067 receiver in a few days & was curious to know if I have to run the receiver in and how do I do it for optimum performance?

Cheers
    Zac108au
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Just use it.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

are you asking how you should "break-in" your receiver? I was told by my Rotel dealer to run it at moderate or low volumes for about a good 20 hours, before you start cranking it to higher levels. This is what he told me to do with my RMB1075, it should be the same logic for your RSX1067. Good luck.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Ahhhh, the "break-in theory", I usually run it for 48 hours continously, at a moderate volume.

The theory simply states that you should notice a SQ/PQ difference as the components begin to settle.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• GregoriusM
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2000

Although many don't, I belong to the component break-in school of thought.

Even though I'm waiting for my 3rd 1056 to come in, hopefully without the humbuzz, I have noticed with the first two that the sound became a tad mellower after 40 to 60 hours.
          Gregor

Comment

• zac108au
            • May 2005

Thanks for all the help, I think I will follow the advice from you guys and break it in.

Comment

• jim777
              • Mar 2005

And if it's like with my amp, it will play alot better when warmed up (sounds better after 10-15min and excellent after an hour).

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"