X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bullitt731
    • Aug 2005

804s Breakin

I am upgrading to the 804s and HTM3s in my front end. To do this I have had to sell my 1080 amp which was paired with my 1056 receiver. I will be buying the new Rotel separates when they come out at some point. I know the 1056 is not enough power to really make these speakers sing but does it have enough power to even break them in without damaging them? ;x(

Thanks, Ed
  • Jesse111
    • Jul 2005

Heck ya. I've always heard that distortion damages speakers so just don't distort them you'll be fine. Besides, speaker break-in is a subjective argument anyway. When I bought my 803's some time ago, the manual suggested that giving time for the new speakers to adjust to ambient room temperature after shipping was the only necessary "break-in". Some argue that break-in has more to do with the listener feeling convinced his speakers are broke in than any real sound characteristic changes. Whatever the case, hook those beauties up to your quality 1056 and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"