X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sindel
    • May 2003

Panel on 1066 to Remove for upgrade

Hello!

This forum has been extremely helpful to understand many features of my 1066. Now an ignorant newbie question. I went to do my first firmware upgrade per the instructions posted and was a bit stumped when looking for the panel to remove.

Do you have to unscreww the screws in the back and then lift off what would appear to basically be the top and front? Can the panel be removed without disconnecting my inputs? Where are the dip switches once you remove the appropriate panel?

Thanks for your help in advance

Phil
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Welcome to the forum Sindel.

No, don't do that, although many have made the same mistake. Look at the back panel in the upper right quadrant. See the component video inputs? Directly to the left, there is a small rectangular cover with "Software Upgradable" written above it. That's your baby.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• sindel
      • May 2003

Boy I am glad I didnt choose my normal mode of "damn the torpedos and full speed ahead" I would have parts all over the place.

Thanks for the help and thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"