RB1080 rear diagram correct on website/manual?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

RB1080 rear diagram correct on website/manual?

Gents (& ladies) can someone compare thier speaker binding posts on their 1080 and tell me if the polarities correspond to the website description ?

Or alternatively can someone tell me which binding post for which channel is the +ve .... when viewed for the rear. Web & Manual has the right channel as the right side post as +ve and the left channel also as the right side binding post as +ve.

I cannot get to my 1080 at the moment and this will resolve a bit of a problem I have ...!

Rgds Steve
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Stevebez
    Gents (& ladies) can someone compare thier speaker binding posts on their 1080 and tell me if the polarities correspond to the website description ?

Or alternatively can someone tell me which binding post for which channel is the +ve .... when viewed for the rear. Web & Manual has the right channel as the right side post as +ve and the left channel also as the right side binding post as +ve.

I cannot get to my 1080 at the moment and this will resolve a bit of a problem I have ...!

Rgds Steve
    I just checked the back of my 1080 and the + terminals are on the outside with the - terminals on the inside.

So facing the amp from the back the terminals are as this

R+ R- ___________ L- L+
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

Many thanks for this !!

Thought so ! OK just for info the manual and website rear diagram is incorrect!

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• RickF
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Stevebez
        Many thanks for this !!

Thought so ! OK just for info the manual and website rear diagram is incorrect!

Rgds Steve.
        Whenever I bought my 1080 (recently) the manual had a supplement regarding this and had the proper diagram. The Rotel folks must have recently caught drift of the goof and corrected it.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"