Stupid question, how to connect spades to the WBT 5 way binding post?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LED14
    • Oct 2014

Stupid question, how to connect spades to the WBT 5 way binding post?

Hello,
    I have a Classe Cap2100 amp and I'm trying to figure how to connect spade terminated cable to it?
    I can unscrew a part of the binding post but it won't disconnect and I can't see where I shod stick the spade in...?

In my speaker terminals you can unscrew the whole thing and have access to the binding post below... does hat makes sense?

The classe binding posts are made of plastic (?) and I don't want to break them obviously...

Thanks!
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

You unscrew the binding post and put the spade in the gap created, then tighten it down. Some posts do have a slot for the spade but others don't
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

There is a slot opening going from underneath outside on the on each side. That is for the left speaker channel binding post on your posted picture the slot opening is down to the right and you would insert the spade going upwards to the left.
      You cannot unscrew the end of the jacks on your 2100 hence my description. Hope it helps..

Comment

• aarsoe
        • May 2004

Oh, and the jacks are made by WBT, so if still unclear look at their website.. and I also forgot to mention that the other side is naturally in opposite direction..

Comment

• LED14
          • Oct 2014

Thanks Guys,
          That's helpful.

Lastly, is my Classe fully differential?

I'm trying to figure out how to connect the Rel sub and here is the bit from their instructions:

For differential (i.e. fully balanced) amplifiers using one REL, simply use the standard connecting scheme with the exception of connecting the black wire to chassis ground (i.e. a metal bolt or screw, preferably not painted or anodized, on the chassis of the power amp or receiver), not to a negative speaker terminal, and then connecting into the HIGH-LEVEL INPUT on the REL
          [/I]

If this is the case than should I connect the ground wire to the round brass terminal at the back of the classe? The manual says it's mainly for tone arms of turntables...
          I'm not using the XLR inputs but the RCAs not sure if it's still balanced... thanks!

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

• LED14
            • Oct 2014

Edit - apparently it is - If you want to connect the Classe CAP2100 to a Rel sub - the 'balanced' way of connecting works.

Thanks again for the advice!

Comment

• Face
              • Mar 2007

If your spades aren't WBT style, they may not fit.
              SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"