Rotel RSX-1056 LFE bypass/engage question.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King_Fuzz
    • Aug 2014

Rotel RSX-1056 LFE bypass/engage question.

Hello,

I'm new to these forums. Mainly here just to get an answer or clarification on my issues.

I just bought a second hand RSX-1056 for my near-field monitoring studio.

I'm going from DAW - Digidesign 003 Rack (DAC) - Rotel Amp then to a 2.1 speaker setup (waiting on the other 3 speakers).

When I'm monitoring stereo from the DAC I setup my 'video 1' channel to Analog in, sub - yes with crossover speaker size etc.. But I get no sound at all. That is until I bypass the LFE by hitting '2ch' on the amp, then I get sound but no LFE channel.

I was curious as to why that is, and whether it has anything to do with the way I have set everything up.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

T.
  • King_Fuzz
    • Aug 2014

Basically, I can only hear what i'm putting into the Amp (on every channel) if I bypass the internal digital formatting.

Which is very annoying because I bought the amp to use for multichannel monitoring and bass management.

Thanks,

T.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

I'm a little confused and I'm not sure what you are doing here. However, if you bypass the digital formatting with this unit (Analog bypass), the low frequency out (ie..sub out) will not work.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

If the unit only work in pure analog mode (through the 2CH bypass or multi-channel inputs), then it sounds like the digital board is bad. That seems to be the 1056s/1068s week point.

Kevin D.

Comment

• King_Fuzz
          • Aug 2014

Thanks for the reply!

I think indeed it is the digital board..

What are my options in regard to working it out? I've been trying to contact parts suppliers but have not heard back from anyone. Could it be something silly like corrupted firmware? The firmware appears to have never been updated.

Thanks for the input,

I appreciate it.

Trent.

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

There's certainly nothing wrong with trying a firmware update. Probably won't work but it's worth a try!. The LFE channel in Dolby Digital and DTS is a dedicated effects channel and you NEED the digital processing to fetch it. Simply sending a full channel signal to the sub and letting the sub do the LF crossover will not be the same as getting a dedicated LFE signal from the amp. Good luck!!
            Dan Madden :T

Comment

• King_Fuzz
              • Aug 2014

Hello again,

So I have been contacting parts suppliers and have been informed it will take between 6 - 10 weeks for a replacement digital board to arrive at their headquarters.

If anyone knows of, or would be able to help me find the replacement part in less time I would be forever grateful.

The parts number and serial are as follows:

019E-1399C00

L2361-0186

Thanks,

Trent

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Where are you located and is there no recourse with the person you purchased the unit from?

From the pricing I remember, it would be cheaper (at least in the US) to purchase an entire unit on Ebay then buy the digital board.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"