X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DelRay
    • Jun 2004

Mt. Rotel Nearing Completion.

Finally got my hands on a sweet RT-1080 from audiogon. Goes great with my RSP-1068/RMB1075/RB-1070. Just waiting for the final piece. A Rotel SACD/DVD-A player. I know they don't make one yet, but hopefully soon. I wasn't planning on all this gear, so now I'll have to rebuild my rack. Maybe I should have bought a surround sound receiver instead. Naaaaaaaaaaa. :twisted:
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Congrats!

When you get some time, how about your impressions og the RDV-1080?
    Would also be interested in knowing what you think of Redbook CD performance.

Comment

• Taito
      • Sep 2004

Congrats also. I'm possibly in the market for an RT-1080. The tuner that I'm using at the moment is a (significantly) older RT-850A. Do you mind posting some sort of review (perhaps with a comparision to CD performance) -my biggest prob. with the 850 is that the sound is hugely compressed in comparision with my RCD-1072. It's to be expected I guess, but if I get a new tuner, I want it to have a dynamic range approaching that of my CD player.

Cheers, Ben

Comment

• rnoble
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DelRay
        Finally got my hands on a sweet RT-1080 from audiogon. Goes great with my RSP-1068/RMB1075/RB-1070. Just waiting for the final piece. A Rotel SACD/DVD-A player. I know they don't make one yet, but hopefully soon. I wasn't planning on all this gear, so now I'll have to rebuild my rack. Maybe I should have bought a surround sound receiver instead. Naaaaaaaaaaa. :twisted:
        Rotel never does anything 'soon' but when it comes out you know it'll be good, I'm hoping for dedicated SACD/CD myself, here's hoping!

Comment

• Marcel B
          • Nov 2004

Taito,

I can't imagine that the sound is compressed by the tuner.
          I think it's the radio station that's doing the compression.

Marcel B

Comment

• DelRay
            • Jun 2004

My first impression is, how nice it looks. I was really keeping an eye out for a tuner on e-bay. Wanted a rotel for sure, but which one. A couple of silver RT-1080 were sold, but not a black one. After looking long and hard at the different Rotel tuners, I knew I had to get the RT-1080. It is a perfect match for the RSP-1068. As well as the other 10XX equip.
            It's been awhile since I had a radio in the tv room, so the new sound seems really open and clear. I live in a more rural area, so not alot of stations to choose from. From what I can tell though, is how well the stereo seperation is with the strong stations. CD like in that aspect. As far as overall sound goes. Comparing it to a CD, Don't know. Radio stations really compress their music. And the frequency response is narrow also. Next up will be a new antenna. I have a tv antenna in the attic that I'm using strictly for FM. It's not the greatest though. I think getting a good FM antenna will make a big difference in sound quality too.
            I have no reservations about spending the money to get the RT-1080. Very happy with it. One thing for sure. I can pick up more stations than my old receiver used to.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"