X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott Ryan
    • Feb 2003

7.1 questions with Rotel

Hello,

I'm nearing the completion of our new family/ht room. I ended up using Triad speakers for the front 3 as well as the 2 side surrounds. For the back surrounds I am using 2 Niles in-ceiling speakers.

I plan on getting a Rotel 1066 and 1075 amp. The 1075 would obviously power the front 5 speakers. Could I use their 2 channel stereo amp (I think it is a 1050) to power the rear speakers??

I'd like to be able to swing the new 1098, but I'd better plan on the 1066 for now

Thanks!
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Club Rotel.

RB-1050/1070 would be fine. I personally would go with 1070 since it is almost the same power as RMB-1075. I know people will say that you might not need that much power for the rears (and they may be right), but IMO, in 5.1 discrete you may need it specially with something like DVD-Audio or SACD. Also you can get RSX-1055/1065 and RMB-1075 and then you have 10 channels of amplifications.

Maziar

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"