X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sithlord10
    • Apr 2003

Rotel 1098

Well the day finally arrived my dealer called me to say that my 1098 had arrived 2 weeks early. I decided to go with the silver as the blacks are about 2 months away. My first impressions are WOW oh my god what a difference in sound compared to my now obsolete Denon AVCA1-SE (Australian model). The difference is chalk and cheese, I didn't think there would be so much difference between them, boy was I wrong. To think that I played it for about 1 hour as it was getting late but that was all I needed to be convinced that I made the right choice in purchasing this great Rotel product. Rotel I take my hat off to you.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to the 1098 fan club

Comment

• skipm
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by sithlord10
      The difference is chalk and cheese,
      "chalk and cheese" !!! I thought the vegemite sandwich thing was bad enough but you guys eat some strange stuff down under. :E

Welcome aboard!!!

-Skip

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I thought the vegemite sandwich thing was bad enough
        It is :LOL:

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Dang it!!! You all need to stop praising the 1098 so much. I can't afford one right now and you're all making it too tempting.

Seriously, a hearty congratulations on a great new purchase.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Sithlord,

Congratulations on your new purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Can you believe it actually gets better as time evolves ?

Enjoy your toy,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Keith sell the accord

Comment

• Danbry39
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2002

:driving:

Keith
                Keith

Comment

• Sithlord10
                  • Apr 2003

Thanks guys I'm extremely happy with the 1098. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't visit this forum for the latest news and everyones input is fantastic. I've read the issues people are having with it, but so far everything is fine with mine. Mine has firmware 1.1.2 which is the latest I believe. I agree with all of the suggestions in regards to future fixes and I'm sure Rotel will deliver in spades. I just bought today the Rotel 1050 2 channl amp for the EX/ES and thats sounding great. So much for saving for a house dammit, oh well as least I can enjoy my dvd collection all over again for the first time.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

I'm happy to hear you visit everyday:T

Comment

• AAVI
                      • Mar 2003

sithlord10,
                      I also reside in Melbourne, Australia. My current setup is a ROTEL RSP1066/RMB1075. Im thinking about upgrading to the RSP1098. Do you know if the sound quality was an improvement over the RSP1066? I think the price of the trade in for a 1066 to 1098 is the same as buying a new RMB1095, so im wondering which is the best way to go about it?

Comment

• Sithlord10
                        • Apr 2003

Hi aavi. Well I never owned the 1066 so I cannot say if the 1098 is better,but from what people are saying on this forum it is. The company I purchased it from the guy I deal with had a 1066 and he changed to the 1098 and he said it was alot better. I owned the Denon AVC-A1SE with the updrade and traded that in and I have to say that the 1098 is far superior to the Denon in every way. Go to your supplier and have them set one up for you to listen to and make up your own mind. I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"