X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Speechless....1098 arrived today

It was very difficult finishing my days work knowing that in the trunk was my latest "investment" in electronics, a 1098 to replace my 1066 and an RB 1080 to drive my mains.

I decided to add the components in one at a time so I could ascertain what differences each made. First, of course, comes the 1098. After struggeling unplugging and replugging what seemed like an endless collection of wires, I quickly punched a rough setup in on all the menues and popped in my favorite CD, set up to play in PLIIx music.

I don't have words to describe the difference. Everything that has been said here about the 1098 is for real. This thing is a monster for music.

Tomorrow, I'll add the 1080 into the mix.
    Jerry Rappaport
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

the 1098 is fantastic

It will sound much better when you hook up that amp :T I love the rotel sound. what kind of speakers are you using

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

I'm currently using Klipsch Reference 7 series all around except for the center rears which are a pair of 35 series surrounds. Sub is an SVS PB2+.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Welcome to the 1098 fan club :T

Comment

• IntegrateMe
          • May 2004

Hope you enjoy it Jerry!

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
            • Oct 2003

very nice ht

Comment

• DrJRapp
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2003

Thanks guys.

Now anyone have a creative idea what I can do with the TFT screen? I run my video direct from source to monitor (DVI) so all I have is this gray glowing screen in the dark.
              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DrJRapp
                Thanks guys.

Now anyone have a creative idea what I can do with the TFT screen? I run my video direct from source to monitor (DVI) so all I have is this gray glowing screen in the dark.
                First of all congratulations Jerry, you will certainly enjoy your 1098 just wait until it both the 1098 and 1080 settle in.

Just a quick idea, for your TFT screen if you have something laying around that can display an image via video rca, computer (i.e., screensaver), digital movie camera, etc.

Enjoy your new toys,

Azeke

Comment

• volfan
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrJRapp
                  Thanks guys.

That's great news! Hopefully I am bringing one home in the next week anlong with the 1095 and B&W Nautilus speakers.

Will your video sources output from multiple sources at the same time? You could have the DVI going direct to the TV and component or S-Video going to the 1098 so that you get an image on the TFT screen.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by volfan
                    Will your video sources output from multiple sources at the same time? You could have the DVI going direct to the TV and component or S-Video going to the 1098 so that you get an image on the TFT screen.
                    Unfortunatly not..... good luck with your new gear.
                    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"