X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

RSP-1098 TFT Screen and Progressive

Anyone that runs their DVD in Progressive mode cannot see the source on the TFT. Does anyone have issues with that or i'm I being too geeky want both the TV and TFT to display. :E
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Woo Woo,

That's the way the RSP-1098 is made - only composite signals display in the TFT. There is a long outstanding request to fix this in the next product version (RSP-1099 or whatever) as this requires a hardware change.

Many people solve this for some DVD players etc. by connecting the composite cables as well as the component ones to the RSP-1098 - though some DVD's stop sending the composite signal when set to progressive (same problem as the RSP-1098 but in reverse!).

Geoff
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 03 April 2005, 06:34 Sunday.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
      • May 2004

Yeah that bites, I guess my RDV-1050 stops sending the signal...that is a real bummer. Do you think some kind of hardware upgrade can be done to the RSP-1098 that will allow it?

Comment

• skipm
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
        Yeah that bites, I guess my RDV-1050 stops sending the signal...that is a real bummer. Do you think some kind of hardware upgrade can be done to the RSP-1098 that will allow it?
        The problem is not the 1098, it's your DVD player. Not all DVD players will send a signal simultaneously to their video outputs.

-Skip

Comment

• TonyStarks
          • Aug 2003

I have my Denon player running progressive and it runs fine on the TFT. Check you're settings again just incase you missed something.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Nope, the 1050 and 1040 has a remote button (or fixed hardware switch) that toggles progressive on/off. Progressive on = only component outputs. Progressive off = all outputs active (but 480i on the components)..

Use the VFP/PROGRESSIVE button to toggle between the two. Run 480i to get output on the 1098 and then hit it again to go to progressive when you start the movie.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
              • May 2004

yea I'll do that ...but do you think it could be a hardware or software or even a NOware fix????

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

The TFT only accepts composite sources. That's the way it was designed, so you shouldn't ever expect to display something form svideo or component from any update.

The 1040/1050 were designed to only allow one output at a time, so don't expect that to change either..

Honestly there's no bug in either one to fix, just the designs of both products not playing well together.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                  • May 2004

ok do you know if the denon 2910 would do the same thing and if not would you trade the RDV1050 for ir..... trust me it's just my hangup..
                  Also do you think it's a better product

Thanks as always

Comment

• Spearmint
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
                    ok do you know if the denon 2910 would do the same thing and if not would you trade the RDV1050 for ir..... trust me it's just my hangup..
                    Also do you think it's a better product

Thanks as always
                    I am using a Denon 3910 with the Rotel 1098 using progressive via component, and it outputs via composite simultaneously.

This was outputing Pal progressive when I took the photo.
                    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"