X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

RMB-1075 Quirk?

Had something odd happen tonight. After swapping discs, I wasn't getting any power to my speakers. The blue power LED was on and there were no protection LEDs on. When I finally narrowed it down to the AMP and not some stupid button I hit, I turned it off. The blue LED slowly faded and the protection circuits didn't trip igniting the red LEDs like they normally do. I toggled the power a couple times and then it fired back up. Haven't been able to duplicate this again, and its the first time I've had a problem.

Weird? :huh:
    ~Nick
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That is strange.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Put it down to weird voodoo, and hope it doesn't happen again!
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Nick M
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Amen. h:
        ~Nick

Comment

• pdjmwj
          • Apr 2005

I also have the same issue. I think is has to do with static discharge. I found that in the winter when I slide out of my comfy sofa while watching a movie the app shuts down. I'm using a trigger setup. The app loks like it's still on but no sound. I shut everything down are restart. May be your issue also.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
            • Apr 2005

Non-repeaters are sometimes the most frightening electrical anomalies. I would suggest not trying to make it happen again...

But I’m a sissy like that. unless I'm on a project or testing something.

The 1075 is a hearty design, ione can coax it to fail in all sorts of ways and then be shut down restarted and viola' its working fine.

I've experimented with killing mine but I got tired of replacing the fuse.
            Andrew Ward

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
              • May 2004

Nicholas,

Yup, I had that same thing happen to my RMB-1095 once about a year and a half ago. I had the same loss of sound. When I turned off the power the LED'S faded with no protection circuit click, turned it back on... then off... no good... the second time... all better). I thought it was busted! Although it did have me worried for a few months, I had forgotten all about it until now. My amp is turned on and off daily so I am rather surprised that it has never happened again. I'll count my lucky stars. :5:

Cracking!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"