X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daymond
    • Apr 2006

Thermal Protection LED's

I own an Adcom GFA-7000 5 channel amp which includes LED's for Thermal Protection. If I understand correctly, these LED's are only supposed to light when any individual channel overheats; the amplifier's thermal-protection circuit shuts down and a red LED on the front panel will light up until the temperature drops to a safe level; the others channels continue to operate normally. In my case, my LED on only my Left Rear Channel comes on when I power up the amp and stays on as long as I run it. It is not even warm, much less overheating, and I listen only at moderate listening levels. I disconnected all other channels and can still hear sound coming from the channel in question. In fact, it matches the sound output on the Right Rear Channel. I contacted Adcom directly and they told me that they never heard of this happening before and that I should not hear sound from that channel when the LED is lit. Can anyone explain this? Do I have a defective LED (low concern) or is my amp in need of technical assistance (high concern)?? Adcom would only tell me I needed to have a tech look at it, or trade it in for a new one. I don't want to jump the gun for just a little red light. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Daymond
    I needed to have a tech look at it, or trade it in for a new one.
    thats what i would do

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"