X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howard Schneck
    • Sep 2005

Using Remote IR Reciever

I have a question about hooking up a remote IR receiver to my RX-1052 receiver. I just want to control my RCD-1072 CD player from another room where my good speakers are located.

There is an EXT REMOTE jack on the back of the 1052. Shouldn't I just be able to hook an external IR Xantech Receiver to this jack, connect a stereo jumper cable from the IR out jack on the 1052 to the EXT REMOTE on the 1072 and be able to control both units remotely?

I don't see why I need any emmiters or power supplies or conection blocks.

I would appreciate any information or advise on this.

Thank you very much.

Howard
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Should have no issues what-so-ever since it's all Rotel stuff. You will still need to have a Xantech power supply. The EXT REMOTE jack is just an IR input, it does not supply power.

The Xantech receiver should come with a single output connecting block. Plug the receiver into this and the power supply as well. Take the the IR output and run it into the EXT REMOTE jack. Just pick up a 1/8" mono cable and cut it in half, attach one end in the remote location to the connecting block and the other behind the 1052.

Be sure to get the Xantech power supply, it's regulated and regular 12v PS's will not work. And also, it's three wires from the receiver to the block, but two wires (mono cables) for everything else.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Howard Schneck
      • Sep 2005

Thanks!

Thanks Kevin. Hopefully everything will work fine once I get my Xantech equip in.

Howard

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"