X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huma
    • Aug 2003

Need advice on RC 1090 and RCD 1070

I want to set up a 2ch system contains RMB 1080 amp, RC 1090 pre-amp and RCD 1070 cd players. The dealer that I used to go doesn't have the pre-amp and cd player for demo. I want to know if anyone has any experience/comment on this system, particularly the pre-amp and cd player. Thank you!
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

When I went to audition my current JM-lab electra 906 speakers, I listend to this combo.

The rcd-1070 is an excellent machine. Compared to my rcd975 it is stunning. Only to be beaten by the rcd-991. Sound is informative, detailed and very spacious. The build is excellent and the remote a bit cheap but that goes for most of current players. the 1070 got 5 star value from "what hifi". the 1072 got 4 stars.

The rc-1090 is simply stunning, but so is the price. The soundstage is very deep and wide. It is easy to listen to for many hours. I like it a lot, if only it would not cost so mutch.

I would go for the rb-1080 as a combo. Somehow I find the 1070 a bit bright, and even perhaps harsh on higher volume. Definately different from my rb-981, wich I like better.

My Jm-labs electra are very revealing, so the 981 is a better match than the 1070. The 1080 sounds better, and has twice the power. But of course costs more.

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"