X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KEF
    • Aug 2004

RC-1070 vs. RC-1090 vs. the Bryston BP-25

OK, so here is my attempt to break down the RC-1090, the RC-1070 and the Bryston BP-25; I am no expert, so take this for what it is worth, and as always, listen for yourself….

Two weeks ago I did a listen to three Pre-Amps, the RC-1070, the Bryston BP-25 and a VTL two-channel pre.

The associated equipment was a pair of B&W N803s, a Bryston 4B-SST fed by an RCD-1072.

So after yesterday’s debacle, the dealer called and said they would open a new RC-1090 for me to come in and listen to, and even let me take it home to try it out along with the Bryston. So off to the dealer I went….

A quick recap of two weeks ago: the VTL and the Bryston were pretty close, the tube pre smoothing the highs out a bit too much for my taste, while the BP-25 just sounded good… The 1070 sounded like a sheet was thrown over the speaker in comparison. But, hardly fair because of the massive price difference between these three.

While I was disappointed two weeks ago with the 1070, today the 1090 was much, much better. At first listen to the 1090, I was impressed - it was so good initially that I thought that it was almost equal to the BP-25. But after going back and forth a few time the Bryston proved to be the better sounding unit.

Now, I am not going to make up a list of ways in which it was better, using descriptions like bright and forward. Why? Because I am an Audiophile noob and I am not going to pretend that I know the difference. I’ll leave that to the pros…

But, the BP-25 sounded better, how much better? I’d say about 20% better, where the BP-25 was about 75% better than the RC-1070. Did I compare the RC-1070 and the RC-1090 directly, no. But, after the listen I sat through, I would not consider buying the RC-1070 and would consider the RC-1090. Why? Because that extra 20% the Bryston has comes with an extra $1,300 dollars in cost.

So I brought the BP-25 home to demo, and next Monday I’ll have the RC-1090 overlapping the two for a few days. Right now my 2-Channel stereo has never sounded so good, and it is going to be tough to remove this pre from my system…

As I said last time, I was floored by what a difference these units made to the overall experience.

Cheers,
    Keith
  • MattCXII
    • Feb 2004

Good luck with the Bryston model. I just bought one of their amps used (3B ST) and am still floored by its performance! I am sure the Rotel is close behind it in performance but if their pre's are anything like their amps... no contest.

Comment

• KEF
      • Aug 2004

I have not bought either yet, but I am leaning towards the BP-25 at this time. I am going to spend a little time with the RC-1090 before I make up my mind.

There was no comparing the performance of the RC-1070 to the BP-25 (or the price for that matter...), but as I said, the RC-1090 was closer, falling short at the store - but again at almost $1,300 less - that is a lot of bang for your buck...

We'll see what it does in my living room and then I'll decide.

Cheers,
      Keith

Comment

• MattCXII
        • Feb 2004

Sounds like a good plan.

I look forward to your posted results.

Matt

Comment

• Kevin97225
          • Oct 2004

Still very pleased with the RC-1090 !!!

I've had my Rotel RB-1090 and RC-1090 for some time now and know the sound very well that this combo gives. I went out over the weekend and visit all my favoritre audio stores for some fun time.

I sat and listened to the Byston Amp and PreAmp for a little over an hour with some of my favorite CDs I brought with me and I must really say honestly, I still am very happy with the Rotel combo. I don't feel I'm missing anything at all. The Bryston didn't give me anything more than I'm already getting. I listened to it on the same speakers I have that I bought from them and over-all, I prefer the Rotel combo for it's warmth and smoothness.

The Bryston sounds good but it reminds me alot of the Odyssey Stratos that my friend has, has the same type of clear clarity and very neutral. For myself, I like the Rotel's neutral to slightly warm tube like smooth sound it gives for my taste. I am still just stunned at the sound quality that my Rotel gives me on these Klipsch speakers!

Comment

• Kevin97225
            • Oct 2004

Oh, the Bryston combo I listen to was the: Bryston 4B SST and BP25

Comment

• KathyMason
              • Nov 2004

I agree with Kevin97225. I listened to the Bryston's before I bought my RB-1090 & RC-1090. I didn't care for the Bryston's. The Rotel has a warm richer sound that I prefered. Very SMOOTH. I really don't understand the "Must have Bryston" thing, plus pay more! Not me! I don't hear I am missing anything either and if so, it's so minimal that it isn't worth the Bryston's extra cost. Just my 2¢ worth! :0

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Nice to see some estrogen around here :yesnod: Welcome to the board Kathy

Comment

• KEF
                  • Aug 2004

Kathy - I don't recall saying that I must have a Bryston, but I do want the pre that sounds better to me - as I said, I spent time listening to several, and the 1070 was outclassed by the BP-25, the VTL and the 1090.

I have just returned from Europe and will spend the next several days listening to the BP-25 and the pick up the 1090 for a week come Monday. I'll choose and buy whichever I believe sounds better; I could care less if is says Bryston, Rotel, Classe, etc.

In my original listen I said I didn't like the tube pre, the VTL, as much because it rounded off the high (producing a "warm" sound) - I liked the detail and clarity of the Bryston.

IMO, at the store I liked the detail that came out w/ the BP-25 - listening to Diana Krall for example, the highs in her voice were higher, the piano keynotes and strummed chords were sharper. It is that clarity that I like, contrasted to the "warmth" with the Rotel or the VTL.

Is this worth the cash? Tough call, but since I have a little extra cash laying around, perhaps. I'll know next week after spending lots of time with both in my living room with my equipment.

In any case, you know what they say about opinions....

Cheers,
                  Keith

Comment

• KathyMason
                    • Nov 2004

Thanks Mr. Andrew .........so kind!

Thank you Andrew for the Welcome! It's nice to be here.
                    I'm learning much new things with all the reading I'm
                    doing on here.

Comment

• KathyMason
                      • Nov 2004

Sorry about that KEF

Hi KEF,

I apologize for taking you as a Bryston want-a-bee.
                      I read all those post about Bryston with people just
                      have to have it because it's a Bryston and I mistaked
                      yours as such, really sorry about that. Hard to tell
                      what from what some times. I understand where you
                      are coming from! Wow, you have some hard critical
                      listening coming up to make that decision. I just
                      went through all that, sure glad it's all over now
                      and I can just enjoy the music and the system. It was
                      stressful trying to figure it all out to decide, was
                      for me anyway! Good Luck with the decision making.
                      Kathy

Comment

• jimmyp58
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Aug 2003

I just luv being a Bryston wanna-be. I gets all warm and fuzzy knowing I have a Bryston on my rack versus anything else. :drool:

:wtf: is that all about? If you don't like Bryston, no argument here especially if to you, the Rotel either sounded better, was a better value, looked better, or whatever. It happens....it's just like speakers, what one person adores another may loath. I could say some smart-aleck comment in return but I won't. And I could offer a number of reasons, many objective, why Bryston is a better choice than Rotel (to me), but it isn't worth the effort. But let me say, if you will, that if you simply (or for whatever reason) like your purchase/decision over something else, there is no reason to make a comment like this. That is how these chat forum spats start. We've seen too many of late here at HT Guide so I kindly ask that you refrain from these types of comments going forward.

Thanks....

Jim
                        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• MattCXII
                          • Feb 2004

I have heard both and must admit I now prefer the Bryston over the RC-1090. Much like others, I love the clear crisp sound of the Bryston's. My problem... I have a Rotel cash flow with a Bryston need. I cannot afford either the BP-25 nor the 1.7 (which I am in love with). I will stick with my current gear and maybe one day one will pop up on the used market in my budget. Till then... keep enjoying the music, however you wish to hear it. :T

Jimmy, if you ever hear of anything (used) drop me a PM.

Matt
                          Last edited by MattCXII; 20 November 2004, 12:53 Saturday.

Comment

• KathyMason
                            • Nov 2004

Gettin Serious here ! ! !

jimmyp58,

you've taken my want-a-bee way too serious.
                            How you've taken this is not how it was meant or
                            intended. You have the wrong interpretation of
                            what I was saying.

If one likes the Bryston because he/she feels it sounds
                            better than anything else, I'm just fine with that.
                            Just as you feel you prefer Bryston over Rotel, I agree
                            with you....that is your choice and it's repected.
                            Just as I prefer Rotel and believe me, I have listened
                            and compared Bryston with Rotel before I bought my
                            Rotel system, and I am very happy with my choice that
                            I prefer and you or no one else here can change what
                            I prefer because I like what I like. You like what
                            you like, and I certainly wouldn't want to even try to
                            make you think you like what I like. So please don't
                            jump down my throat...... you took me all wrong.

================================================== ==

Wow MattCXII,

I'm getting clear crisp sound now with
                            Rotel too! And saving some money! I'm very happy about
                            that alone, but hang in there, you'll get that Bryston
                            yet..... if you really want it.

Kathy - Rotel Lady by Choice!!!

Comment

• KEF
                              • Aug 2004

So I've had the chance to listen to the RC-1090

for a short period of time after listening to the BP-25 for about a week, on-and-off.

While this is a good unit, there are some things that are making me scratch my head. For reference, I have the RCD-1072, the RB-1080, the RC-1090 and N804s and just today pulled the BP-25 off line.

Diana Krall, All for You, Track 4 - Frim Fram Sauce (1:48, 2:02, 2:20, 2:38-2:55, 2:59, 3:11, 3:21-3:29, 4:47)

The 1090 is doing something to a lot of the subtleties in this track that come across as buzzes / crackling . If anyone has this CD, listen to the whole track and see if your unit does the same... very odd - I thought I had popped something in one of my speakers, honestly.

Same thing on track 7 at 3:30 and 3:50 – it is guitar related here for sure, that’s all I can say.

Keith

Comment

• KathyMason
                                • Nov 2004

hmmm, the only time I get this sort of thing is if it's in the recording
                                source. Rotel doesn't hide any flaws in music recordings.... you really
                                hear what is there. It is always in the exact spot when it's on the
                                recording. If I listen to such CD's on the Rotel and it reveals the
                                flaws..... I can play it on cheaper amp/preAmp and it doesn't get that detailed
                                and won't reveal it, but on my other expensive older Amp/PreAmp that I still have
                                before the Rotel, it reveals the flaws too. It sounds like you are just
                                hearing what's really there on the recording source.

I have some Nora Jones that I can hear some flaws and even someone
                                accidently hitting their hand or knee on a wooden stand or something, just ever
                                so slightly but enough for you to make it out,
                                and then I read on one of the expensive amp-preamp reviews that the reviewer
                                was talking about how revealing of detail that amp-preamp combo did that he could
                                hear the same things I had noticed on those CD's.

I don't have that Diana Krall CD you are talking about to check but I'll
                                have to buy it next time I'm out at the CD store and check and see what
                                you are talking about since I had planned on getting that one any way.

Some Amps/preAmps like to smooth out some flaws so it sounds better to
                                the listener. You could always check with Bryston tech support and see
                                if they do this or not. For myself..... I like all the flaws to be revealed,
                                some times you can even hear talking in the studios way in the background
                                just enough to make out what is being said that my Rotel RB-1090 and RC-1090
                                combo does and I can't hear that on any of the other amp-preamps I have.
                                Since I got the Rotel, I don't even want my other stereo equipment and put
                                an ad out in the paper and it's just not selling! I guess every one now
                                wants only HT? I guess I'll have to look into the ebay thing to sell them?

Kathy

Comment

• KEF
                                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by KathyMason
                                  hmmm, the only time I get this sort of thing is if it's in the recording
                                  source. Rotel doesn't hide any flaws in music recordings.... you really
                                  and won't reveal it, but on my other expensive older Amp/PreAmp that I still have

I don't have that Diana Krall CD you are talking about to check but I'll
                                  have to buy it next time I'm out at the CD store and check and see what
                                  you are talking about since I had planned on getting that one any way.
                                  Kathy
                                  I hear what you are saying, but the THD on both units is very low, and Bryston has the add-nothing, take nothing away "revealing" rep, where Rotel has the "warmer" rep - you said it yourself up above "the Rotel sound". Earlier today I played that track for my wife (who has no idea what a pre-amp does) and her comment was simple - "that sounds like cr@p".

That track in particular is very, very bad, others sound reasonable. I think it is a guitar in the backround that is coming through very, very "buzzy", almost as if something in one of the speakers was popped. I am playing Norah Jones right now and it sounds fine - just something about several of the tracks on the D.K. cd. I would be interested if in all honestly you can hear this - w/ the BP-25 it was there, but it was not buzzing, nor irritating. Not good... :M

Give it try, but I am really glad I brought this unit home. The new BP-26 and MPS-2 power supply jumped in price to $3195, so I am not sure where to move from here -

Cheers,
                                  Keith

Comment

• Kevin97225
                                    • Oct 2004

Not crap here for mine.

Hi KEF, I'm not having any problems like this at all with my RC-1090. I've been very impressed with mine. It also made Stereophiles recommended list for best pre-amp in the $2000 to $3000 range. I don't think it would have made it with Stereophile if it sounded like crap like your wife noticed. I haven't heard anything like you are experiencing. Maybe there is something wrong with the demo unit you have since it gets outsourced a lot, that is if I understand you right? If it's new that you've already bought, you should give Rotel tech department a call and talk to Michael. He's very good and been there the longest so he would know what the solution would be to the problem. I don't have that problem with mine so it doesn't sound normal,
                                    have it checked out.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Kevin.

Comment

• KEF
                                      • Aug 2004

It sounds like you are just
                                      Kathy -

I've had the chance to listen to two Norah Jones CDs and they both sound fine - nothing abnormal on either CD, so it is something on that track of the D.K. cd that the unit is not handling well for some reason.

This is one of the CDs I take to demo equipment, so I know something is not right, as I have listened to it on several set-ups, and countless times on the Bryston over the past week.

Kevin, I appreciate what you’re saying, but it isn't all music all the time - it just happens to be the one I have been using to demo the equipment. If I had put in this N.J. cd first, or something else, I would have not noticed anything. I cannot entirely dismiss what you are saying, but I am skeptic -

I simply believe that are parts of that D.K. cd that this pre is not dealing well with - get the cd and give it a listen. Honest, I am not making it up - that track (and parts of several others) comes across very, very poorly. I even listed the particular times in the CD so you can compare - the first 1:30 are fine, but it trails off and reall get buzzy after 3:30

Regards,
                                      Keith

Comment

• KathyMason
                                        • Nov 2004

Same CD player???

Hi Keith, Is the same CD player being used between the Bryston and Rotel? I'm pretty sure you probably have been but just wanted to ask.

Is the CD a commerical CD or a Copy of the CD? I know sometimes
                                        when hard drives copy the CD and then back again, it can cause pops
                                        or scrambling sounds. Just a thought to ask.

I'll get the CD in a day or two and I'll follow your tracks/times and see how it sounds here and let you know. Kathy

Comment

• KEF
                                          • Aug 2004

Hi Keith, Is the same CD player being used between the Bryston and Rotel? I'm pretty sure you probably have been but just wanted to ask.

Is the CD a commerical CD or a Copy of the CD? I know sometimes
                                          when hard drives copy the CD and then back again, it can cause pops
                                          or scrambling sounds. Just a thought to ask.

I'll get the CD in a day or two and I'll follow your tracks/times and see how it sounds here and let you know. Kathy
                                          Kathy -

Yes, same CD (not a copy) and same cd player - the RCD-1072. The set-ups are exactly the same, the only difference is the pre.

I have now listened to multiple cd of varying artists and have not heard any problems on anything else. In general I like the amp, although I stand by whay I said earlier, the Bryston IMO is sharper and I also believe controls the bass a bit better. But now at three times the price, yikes.

Interesting though, just that first CD as I laid it out in the post above. In any case, there is something there that the pre doesn't like and is choking on, or at least this pre.

Anyway, it is no big deal - it is what is is. When you get it let me know if you hear the same.

Cheers,
                                          KEF

Comment

• ProStereo
                                            • Nov 2004

but darn near close!

I sell both Rotel and Bryston at my audio shop. They both are very good
                                            products. The Rotel RC-1090 comes darn close to the Bryston. This is
                                            how it's advertised in my shop, it's plucked from a review:

Begin:

Rotel RC-1090

This guy is the best preamp south of Bryston! Rotel’s top stereo preamp uses a Rotel custom made toroidal transformer, ultra fast T-Network capacitors, Symmetrical Circuit Trace strategy that insures precise timing and pinpoint imaging. Rigorous parts selection includes metal film resistors, polystyrene and polypropylene signal capacitors. An outstanding discrete phono section (MM/MC) is built in. Separate listen/record control. RCA and XLR pre outs. It gives you a fuller, richer sound than anything less!

End:

What one must understand here, we are only talking about 1% difference here, and darn well should be. The Bryston has a hefty price tag compared to the Rotel.

Now, with that said: It's worth for some to get that 1% difference, thus willing to pay more.

Others: 1% difference is close enough for those and do not want to pay the extra to gain that tab bit more. For some, it's difficult to hear the difference.

It's all really basically in the ears of the beholder!

Good day!

Comment

• n3philim
                                              • Feb 2004

Hi ProStereo,

Very well said, however I beg to differ. In my opinion, it's really apples and oranges in the sense that they sound different. Both have different sonic signatures, so it's unfair to say that the difference in sound between both is about 1%.

I do like how both sound and I must admit it'll depend on my mood which pre I'd prefer at any given time. But more often than not, I do prefer the Bryston as I like its analytical presentation. Do I dislike the Rotel? H*ll no! It's a heck of a machine.

In your comment "It's all really basically in the ears of the beholder!", I agree a 100%. It's your ears that matter. So if to a consumer's ears, a $50 DIY pre sounds the best, good for him/her because that's all that matters. In fact I envy them. :T The sad part is sometimes people get so blinded by branding and which piece of gear is better than the other, that they forget to listen. The most important thing is that when you listen to music (and movies) in your set-up, a smile does form in your face. So my motto, listen and be happy. Because if it sounds good to you, to h*ll with what anybody says. :B

I guess the problem really arises when one has "golden ears." And when that happens, that's when that 1% difference is worth a pretty penny. To me its moot. I know what I want, but I don't have the dough for that incremental upgrade.

Keith
                                              Last edited by n3philim; 26 November 2004, 03:52 Friday.

Comment

• jimmyp58
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Aug 2003

ProStereo:

Lets just say that we'll have to agree to disagree. Reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt as you never know who is behind them, sponsoring them, etc. These forums are great for sifting out some of the marketing hype one can find in these somewhat biased publications. And how is a 1% difference measured?

I am not 'dissing' the Rotel and as I always say, it really is up to the individual and their respective tastes, etc. But, and here is where we'll probably disagree, the Bryston is in another league. I have spoken to other dealers that carry both Rotel and Bryston and in a completely unsolicited manner, each has said exactly what I have just stated. I have owned Rotel and have had mixed results. But to me, Bryston has been consistent in every facet of their products. But that is me too and others find just the opposite. And that is fine.

Jim
                                                jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                                                  • Oct 2002

Rotel doesn't hide any flaws in music recordings.... you really
                                                  before the Rotel, it reveals the flaws too. It sounds like you are just
                                                  You are wrong.

Go to the end of this review in the Perfect Vison and read the "Manufacturer's response" by Mike Bartlett, vp of Rotel.

"... Rotel has designed (it to mate with a) wide variety of sources and speakers... demo with our stock B&Ws, but they are quite tolerant on highs where other speakers are not always so."

Cannot be clearer then that, form Rotel directly.

It's clearly written (and well known) that Rotel are rolling-off the high frequencies to insure compatibility with a wider range of speakers. I can't find it, but I've seen Andrew Pratt (the moderator of Club Rotel) write the same thing also on other forums.

It's the other way around. Rotel are rolling-off the high-frequencies, Bryston are totally transparent and not manipulating the top-end.

I did own a Rotel RMB-1095, RSP-1066 and Rotel 1050, and now have a Bryston 4BSST paired with an Anthem Statement P5. So I know what the Rotel sound is.
                                                  To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2003

Levesque,

The view in the article quoted is subjective - ie perceived frequency response. Let me give an alternative perspective from J E Johnson ins Secrets of Home Theater and Hi Fi HERE
                                                    Frequency response tests showed the 1095 to be down 3 dB at 295 kHz with no load and down 3 dB at 245 kHz with a speaker load. On the low frequency side, It was down 3 dB at 6 Hz (from the measurement at 10 kHz). The 10 kHz square wave response is illustrated above.
                                                    I.E. the frequency had to rise to 245 KHz (way above any CD, SACD etc) to get a 3 db drop off...

Who knows who's view is right - sound is personal and subjective - with measurements only telling part of the story...

But please don't put in posts that say things like "You are wrong" - that is (in my view) not polite. I'd suggest that you try and say things such as "Be aware that there are some reviewers out their who support the view that the RMB-1085's high end is rolled off" - that is not personal or black or white and allows for non confrontational discussion, which is one of the hallmarks of HTGuide

Geoff

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                                                      • Oct 2002

Aussie.

Read my post again. I'm not talking about the review (and don't care about it), BUT about the manufacturer's response from the VP of Rotel at the end of the article.

So. You are telling me that Rotel's own VP is saying something "subjective", when he's a VP???? !!!! He's the boss, but he doesn't know what Rotel employes are doing????

"Who knows who's view is right - sound is personal and subjective"

It's not an opinion, it's a FACT when the VP of the company is clearly stating it. I was not quoting the reviewer but Rotel own VP Mike Bartlett!

Here it is again:

But this time go read the end of the review. It's the "Manufacturer's response". Directly from the mouth of the VP of Rotel.
                                                      To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                        • Aug 2000

LEVESQUE please try to watch your tone. I know its likely nothing personal but you do tend to come across in an aggressive manor

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Oct 2003

Levesque,

I did read the end of the review in the first place. The Rotel of America GM said
                                                          ... it would be easy to add some "air" and we have a sample unit in house that we use to mate with our stock B&Ws, but they are quite tolerant to highs whereas other speakers are not always so"
                                                          I was simply firstly:
                                                          1) Asking you to please be more polite in your posts - which I will again ask you to do...
                                                          2) Pointing out that these "air" and "open" comments are subjective perceptions - the actual measurements do not support the rolled off high frequency claim.

But sound preference is not done by measurement - it is based on perception and personal preferences. Perception can vary widely - it is why everyone does not buy the same brand of shoes, car, speakers etc. I have read reviews that find the Rotel’s HT amps like the RMB-1095 too bight with too much / too hard treble... Indeed we also have a number of posts in this forum and Club B&W with that type of opinion. Others love the "warm sound and musical treble" = so clearly there is no one “right” subjective view.

One persons "warm valve like sound" can be "coloured and falsely lush"... Equally one persons "lucid treble and transparent sound" and be another’s "bright and fatiguing"...

Just accept that:
                                                          1) Being polite is a really important thing in life and especially in this forum.
                                                          2) There are multiple opinions on things - especially perceived sound and one opinion is not generally right or wrong universally.
                                                          Let's leave this alone I do not wish to have an argument with you...

Geoff

Comment

• KEF
                                                            • Aug 2004

Sorry I brought this up -

This is going to be my last post on the topic; I think it just needs to die.

Kathy -

I tool my CD today to a different place today, Spearit Sound in Mass, and listened to Track 4 with a Krell KAV-280p and a Krell KAV-2250 fed by a Krell CD player played on a pair of N802s

I also listened to track 4 on a Conrad Johnson set-up on a nice set of Thiel speakers.

This is what I learned, the "buzzing" that I referred to in the earlier part of this post is actually the strings on the bass guitar sometimes hitting off each other, and at times hitting off the neck of the guitar - or at least that is my take. In either case it did not sound out of place, nor unnatural. I think that is why I did not notice it as much with the BP-25.

In my current home set-up this part of the track is not rendered very well and is what is causing the poor sound.

Anyway, if you get a chance to listen to this track feel free to post it, or better yet, send me a PM so this thread will go away.

Cheers,
                                                            Keith

Comment

• KathyMason
                                                              • Nov 2004

Levesque???

Levesque, I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me?
                                                              The VP isn't saying that it's not detailed.
                                                              If to read the review on the RMB-1095, I don't
                                                              have that model.... I have the RB-1090 and it's a complete
                                                              different build inside. The two don't even look the
                                                              same inside, except for the heat sinks. Many reviews
                                                              on the RB-1090 do say it is very detailed. I have not
                                                              heard the RMB-1095 so I can't comment on it but I'm sure
                                                              it's an excellent product being from Rotel!

I am still very impressed and happy with my purchase of
                                                              the Rotel equipment, especially each time I sit down and
                                                              listen to it. I have no regrets.

Comment

• Kevin97225
                                                                • Oct 2004

Just bought another RB-1090 !!

I agree with every thing Kathy has said. The Rotel RB-1090 is that good
                                                                Levesque!! So good that I just bought another one. Just read some of the great reviews out on this amplifier and you will see for yourself before you condemn and judge it!

Comment

• EAmin
                                                                  • Aug 2004

Congrats! I have the 1090 as well --- it is indeed a great amp. The power and sound quality you get for $2K (retail) is unmatched IHMO. My 2-channel listening has really come alive with the addition of this amp.

Comment

• Azeke
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2003

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is true that acoustical perception is within the ears of the listener. We must not however, let our personal perceptions cloud our integrity or ethics. This forum is enjoyable because we have our personal opinions, but we don't hold those opinions against others.

Let us maintain our style and dignity, these are the things that separate this forum from the rest.

Just my humble thoughts.

God Bless,

Azeke

Comment

• KathyMason
                                                                      • Nov 2004

KEF, I know I'm very late replying back to the "Diana Krall, All for You" buzz and crackling problem you heard but I couldn't find the CD any where until over the weekend, I finally found it. Most either didn't carry it or was sold out.

I listen to the whole album and I listen to tracks 4 and 7 very carefully. I do not get any buzz or crackling at all. I can hear very clearly and defined that you can hear the pick making that pick sound, and the pluck of the thicker strings being thumbed and sometimes hitting against the pick, and sometimes hitting against the wood. I get no buzz or crackling, it's very detailed and very easy to make out the sound but I hear it without any distortion upsetting the sound! So I don't know why you would have that problem but it's not what I get so I don't know?? Maybe something is wrong with that unit?? Hmmm. Well, I just wanted to follow up with you on it, as I finally got the Diana Krall, All for You CD. Hope you got it all solved by now! Kathy

Comment

Working...
                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                      Search Result for "|||"