X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chidambg
    • Mar 2005

Rr 1050

[COLOR=Blue]My remote control RR-1050 suddenly lights up continuously and shows "BACK" in the display. None of the keys seems to be working. As I had configured start-up of my RSX-1055 receiver in standby mode, I am unable to get my receiver on without the remote. Even with new batteries and when I push the reset button, the display goes off but comes back lighted and showing "BACK"! Any clues what is happening and how to solve this? Or, is there a way of switiching on the receiver bypassing the remote?undefined[/COLOR]
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Did you try pressing all the different inputs to get it switched around to see if it would go from AUD to CD, to TUN TO VID1, etc...?

That seems really odd that even reset wouldn't fix the problem....
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

Could be that you're (-) button is "stuck". Remove the batteries, remove screw(s), open it up, re-assemble and that may do it.

Comment

• chidambg
        • Mar 2005

Thanks for the couple of responses. I had the remote opened with the help of a local technician and no stuck keys are observed. Rotel being so confident of the fail-proof "Made in China" remote controller has erased all markings of the IC parts inside so that none can be tested or replaced. The local dealer is of absolutely no help in getting a replacement remote control and it is so frustrating to have a receiver that cannot power up without the remote control. Any help from anyone to buy a replacement remote control from anywhere, please???

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

If you were the original purchaser it is warranty for 5 yrs. If not, try ebay, different ones appear often (if you want Rotel), otherwise their are some good threads under electronic devices for an aftermarket.

Comment

• chidambg
            • Mar 2005

Thanks for the response. Is anyone aware of some method by which the receiver can be powered up (may be by pressing and holding some button for a few seconds, like in some other receivers like Denon) even when it is configured to start only in Standby mode using remote? Or, is it totally remote-dependent?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"