Anyone know how to take apart an RR-1050?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    • Jan 2005

Anyone know how to take apart an RR-1050?

So i spilled a bit of wine on my rr-1050. Everything works except the top row of buttons (aud/cd/tun/tape/ext). Of course the AUD button is uh, well important.

I'm trying to take it apart and see if me futzing with it is what dislodged the buttons or if it really is shorted.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to open it! I popped the lower cover off, and took of those two screws, and the front IR cover, but something in the middle seems to be holding the two halves together, but I can't figure out what it is.

Does anyone have any idea how to open this sucker up?
    My gear
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I've tried and tried, but only got as far as you. Your best bet is to pull the batteries and 'spill' some distilled water on it. Hopefully it will was it out enough to work.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kyle
      • Jan 2005

I mean i really spent some time trying to get this thing apart, I really don't know wtf holds it together. It HAS to be able to be serviced somehow!
      My gear

Comment

• Marlboroman
        • Aug 2005

I believe that you need to peel the face sticker up to reveal some screws that hold the remote together. The sticker is the one that surrounds all of the buttons.

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

Let me suggest you go to your local Home Depot type store and pick up some electrosolve or other electrical solvent. It's designed to displace water/liquid on electrical components. Years ago, my friend spilled a 7-11 big gulp soda into my Sega Genesis. I took the thing apart and hosed it down with Electrosolve, and let it sit overnight. Got up the next day, put it back together, and it worked like a charm.

Comment

• Kyle
            • Jan 2005

Ah sounds like a good suggestion. I've dunked many a component over the years
            My gear

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"