X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

Andrew When Will Rotel Get The Updates Back On The Site

my updates that I installed failed on my 1098. so I brought it to my dealer and he downloads them from the rotel site also, and he can't update until he gets them .my lonley 1098 sits waiting to be fixed in some dark corner of the repair shop. I'M GETTING WITHDRAWLS you don't realize how much you miss it untill it's not there. :cry: help
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You can get 2.1.3 in the '1098 firmware issues' thread.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
      • May 2004

Couple of weeks

I was told about 2 weeks from a email i got from rotel...... :T :lol:

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
        • Oct 2003

I bought it with ver 3.1.0 I don't think you can roll it back

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Ah... Yeah, the 3.X versions (besides the new one) were never released publically. Email Rotel and they should be able to send you the 3.1.0 file.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Agreed email rotel and they should be able to get you the older file.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
              • Oct 2003

great I'll have my dealer call them on monday. do you know if you can do the eprom update with ver 3.1.0 or only with 3.1.4

Comment

• PewterTA
                • Nov 2004

I didn't know there was an eprom update?!!?

Maybe that's why my 3.1.4 is working perfectly?!?! I never updated, went straight from 3.1.0 to 3.1.4 and that was it...

I hope people aren't updating their eprom when they shouldn't be...that would cause a lot of issues. I read the instructions and it said not to update the eprom if you have v3 firmware...!?
                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                -Dan

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                  • Oct 2003

the eprom is ok to update for ver 3.1.4 and you can update it . donot get confused with the last older eprom update.I talked to rotel tech support and they said you can install update 1 thru 4 then the 3.1.4 update .the eprom update is for 7.1 (with rear speakers)) users if your running 5.1 I don't believe you need it. ( from rotel site) A further EPROM update is optional for units upgrading to V2.1.7 or V3.1.4 in order to enable discrete stereo output from the center back channels when in 7CH Stereo mode. This final EPROM update is included as ROMUpdate4.bin in the Flash Update Software zip file below.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"