confused on upgrading software for 1098?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fastfred
    • Oct 2003

confused on upgrading software for 1098?

Been to the rotel site and kind of confused on the downloading part. My version is old for the 1098. Version what I have is V1.1.6. Here is the part Im confused about.

"Units running V1.x.x software can install up to V1.1.8 software. Further updates require an update to the units EPROM to allow V2.x.x. software to be installed. See below for more information on the EPROM update. Units running V3.x.x software must only use V3.x.x software files".

Can I only install up to the V1.1.8 software? HELP needed. I have called rotel about two weeks ago and a guy named Eric stated that he will send me the downloads. A four part process for the eprom also? He never did send them. I have called rotel today and had to leave a message. Never got back to me! I guess Rotel must be very busy these days on repairs. Any help step by step from the forum would be grateful so that I can be up to date.

Thanks,
    Fred
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Should be able to a search for 1098 firmware. A lot of threads of how to do it.

That said, all the files and instructions are on Rotel's website. As for the confusion, yes it's a little wacky.

You must first upgrade the EEPROM to version 2.xx. This is the 4 files and the software (1 download on the site). Once you upgrade the EEPROM to 2.xx, you can update the firmware to 2.1.8. There's no need to install the 1.1.8 version at all.

You will be much impressed with the new stuff available, especially if you have a 7.1 system.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Fastfred
      • Oct 2003

Kevin, thanks for the info. YES, it is very wacky to understand. Will be doing the upgrade soon. Will let you know how it works out.

Thanks,
      Fred

Comment

• Fastfred
        • Oct 2003

Thanks Ken!
        Completed the upgrade. Was easy to do after finding out what whacky ways to do it. One thing is that when you download each Eprom (4), I had to shut down the 1098 (rocker power switch) after each eprom download. It freaked me out when I started to do the second one and it failed to start downloading. Now, have something to do tonight to get it back up to par with the settings.

Thanks again,
        Fred

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"