X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sameguy
    • Jan 2011

Rotel RMB-1066 bridged or Bi-amped

Perhaps this question has been answered before but I haven't been able to find a specific answer from someone who has actually done what I am planning.

I have a stellar 2 channel setup with a Linn 5103 preamp, Linn Klout amp and a pair of Keilidh speakers running off various sources.

The 5103 is a surround processor and im going to add a RMB-1066 to power center and rear surrounds. The center and surrounds have bi-amp capability. Has anyone run the RMB-1066 bi-amped vs bridged? Which is better? I would simply try it both ways and figure it our myself but I'm about to pull the trigger on cabling and I'd rather not spend the $ on dual runs to each speaker if I don't have to. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • HDBLU
    • Jul 2008

I would Bridged it I think bridging is better then Bi-amping I have a Parasound A23 that a Bridge and sound better then Bi-amping it but at the moment am Bi-amping because I need 8ohms speaker to bridge it my speaker are only 4ohms so I can not Bridge it on the A23.

I would try both like you said and see what come out better.
    2ch Setup
    Krix Neupohonix
    Musical Fidelity M6i
    Musical Fidelity M6CDP
    Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
    MIT

Comment

• hanser
      • May 2002

I have the precessor, the RMB 956 AX, and tested both bridge and biwiring. No clear difference. In general I would recommend bridging if you have powerhungry speakers with high impedance and biamping if you have speakers with lower impedance.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
        • Oct 2007

Can you get an active crossover for those Linn speakers? If so, that would be best method of setup so you'll want cabling for bi-amping.

Eloise

Sorry think I misread: the Linn speakers already have an amp. For rears I'd go with bridged unless they are 4 ohm speakers.
        Last edited by Audio_ElF; 04 January 2011, 17:16 Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"